Home

For People with both APF 2k8 and NCAA FB 08

This is a discussion on For People with both APF 2k8 and NCAA FB 08 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which game is better?
All Pro Football 2K8 (2ksports) 35 60.34%
NCAA Football 08 (EASports) 23 39.66%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: For People with both APF 2k8 and NCAA FB 08

I thought initially NCAA after playing both games... BUT I can't stop playing APF... just so much realistic and plus I have been an online player since Xbox live was dropped on us... I love NCAA as well.. for it's dynasty. But APF is the Shiznit!!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
So far, APF and it's not even close. The game on the field in my opinion is so much better and feels much more lifelike; NCAA feels incredibly skate-y and all the on-field motion plays out incredibly too fast. On top of that I don't feel like I have any control over what I'm doing in NCAA; everything feels pretty random.

Having only played NCAA 08 on the 360, I should mention that I thought it was pretty good on the field until this game came out. Now, while it does have dynasty mode, campus legend, the shrine, and other features for longevity over APF, I still prefer 2K's offering for the reasons I've stated above.
Haha, I played NCAA 08 this morning for the first time and loved it. I've yet to play APF. EA football games never seem bad unless they're in comparison to the 2k series to me.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

I really like them both, but APF2K8 is my favorite of the two hands down! I really love the style of gameplay represented in 2K, (been a huge fan since it's inception) and the presentation, and atmosphere in my opinion is not equaled in NCAA.

Now with that said, I am in no way an EA *****. NCAA is much improved over last year, and it does have dynasty mode going for it. A greatly enhanced dynasty at that. My fingers will definitely be numb throughout the rest of this season into the next!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I bought both games on release day... I've played NCAA 08 about 3hours and APF 2K8 atleast 15+ hours.

Why? Its simple, All Pro Football 2K8 is A LOT more fun than NCAA 08.

NCAA Football 2009's new feature: Test taking!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I picked both up on release day, and have probably spent 1 hr with NCAA and 20 with 2k8. NCAA is definitely improved over last year, so this isn't a dig on that game, just a huge compliment to the concept of 2k8 and the execution of that concept. I love the skills over ratings thing, the strategy of combining legends and generics, the customization options, and most importantly, the way the movement of the game feels. My favorite aspect thus far is the pocket--I've never seen it done like this in a game before. You can stand in there in NCAA, but the formation of the pocket doesn't look real imo; in 2k8, it's dynamic (great ineraction between the linemen), properly proportioned, and the QB controls allow you to maneuver in really subtle but important ways within it.

I feel like this game is the football equivalent of my experience with The Show: all the little things just look and feel right. Watch a legend run a route, make a sideline catch, bump a receiver, wrestle down a runner, put on a swim move--it all looks fluid and real.

Viva 2k football!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:05 PM   #14
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

2K8 is fun and looks good.

NCAA is sim and is deeper.

I'm not choosing a poll option...I'm just enjoying football man. This is the way it should be. It's a gamer's paradise.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Not to be mean or anything, but XCell, you posted this in both sports video game forums. I mean, I'd assume that the people in NCAA will say NCAA and the people in APF will say APF.

(again, not to be mean)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #16
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

They are both awesome to me. I do not have a favorite. I've probably played more of 2k8 though... but NCAA is still a top 5 game for the system.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »