Home

Walter Payton or Earl Campbell?

This is a discussion on Walter Payton or Earl Campbell? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #25
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Walter Payton or Earl Campbell?

Question for you guys averaging double digit yards per carry. Are your O Linemen legends as well? 3 of my OLM are legends and I average about 6 YPC with Earl. He is definitely a 2K god, and he should be. If you guys like that bruising style but dont want to blow a gold slot at HB, try Ottis Anderson,he's silver. Dude is a straight battering ram and he's a work horse too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like sweetness but for my preferred running style Earl gets it done. He just smashes the D. And he can run sweeps, tosses, counters and striaght isos. Last couple of games I've been in the high 180- 250 yds a game and like 3 tds. If you can afford a Gold tier player, get Earl.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKUMA2000
The leadership ability makes your teammates better.......
I know that, but how much? I can't notice it, but I don't know how you would. I guess you just have to assume its helping, I'd like to know though because if I did I might pick Payton over Sanders, but I can see Sanders' speed burning, cut backs and branching tackles, I can't see this leadership bonus.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:34 AM   #28
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Walter Payton is my running back.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:39 AM   #29
Rookie

papasmurf's Arena

OVR: 2

im old enough to remember earl in his prime his three best seasons 78-80 he was a beast. i actually seen him run over four five guys at once. as far as im concerned the best power running back in nfl history for three seasons , of course im not old enough to remember jim brown he retired from football the year i was born.
bo jackson was the ultimate balance of power and speed and as far as im concerned the best athlete of my lifetime. if bo played baseball full time he could of been a 40/40 man if he played a full season of football i believe he would of been close to 2000 yards in 1990, too bad he got hurt.
billy sims was another great running back whose career got cut short.

eric ****erson would of broke walters record had he stayed with the rams. im pretty sure he would of wound up with close to 17,000 yards rushing.

larry johnson if he holds up could be one of the best power running baCKS IN NFL HISTORY. howqever once they hit that 400 carry barrier they are never the same. look at jamal anderson after 1998 and james wilder back in 84 or 85 i believe.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:54 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Of the two, I have only had the opportunity to play with Payton. That being said, I would pick Campbell. I've gona entire games without Payton breaking a single tackle, and while my opponent is using Campbell he is dragging my tacklers an extra 5yds every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »