Home

Every night I must choose between NCAA and APF2K

This is a discussion on Every night I must choose between NCAA and APF2K within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Every night I must choose between NCAA and APF2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
Poof. I wish 2K could make a college game with this engine, I'd probably quit work. I can't get enough of college football, real or video game but APF is more than a new concept. If APF had real college teams and players I wouldn't have bought NCAA.
I agree, I'd like to see their alternate take on it. Although their last NCAA game was just atrocious, LOL.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #42
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I am trying to decide if I should even buy NCAA...I love college football and bought the game last year only to play a handful of games before trading it in. I love All-Pro so I am not sure if I should even waste the money on NCAA. Is it that much improved over last years game? (which I found pretty boring).
Finn to answer your question, yes NCAA is that much improved, its like night and day from last year. But if your enjoying your time with APF no need to get another game until you get bored or want to try something different.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
Finn to answer your question, yes NCAA is that much improved, its like night and day from last year. But if your enjoying your time with APF no need to get another game until you get bored or want to try something different.
Yeah NCAA is 100x better than last year IMO, no doubt. But some of it's flaws are still there, such as has been mentioned, the lack of atmosphere, no coin toss, no running onto the field, etc. If that bothers you don't buy it. But if you're looking for some great gameplay and enjoy college fb then it's a must buy IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I am trying to decide if I should even buy NCAA...I love college football and bought the game last year only to play a handful of games before trading it in. I love All-Pro so I am not sure if I should even waste the money on NCAA. Is it that much improved over last years game? (which I found pretty boring).

Finn, NCAA is a better game this year (gameplay wise)—and had I not played AP2k8, I’d probably really enjoy it. BUT…after playing AP2k8, NCAA just feels flat and dull—not nearly as immersive as AP2k8. I just don't see NCAA getting very much playing time anymore.

Last edited by SemperVictoria; 07-20-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

NCAA is so much better than last year

I need to make my controls close to each other for all my football games

going to be hell on August 14, 3 football games, probably have to give up 1

Last edited by Roger Goodell; 07-20-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

Haha... I was going to start a thread like this as well, except I've played about 4 games in NCAA since Tuesday and 24 in All Pro 2K8... NCAA is definitely worthy of multiple hour sessions, its just that All Pro is too addicting right now.

By the way is anyone else having trouble going between games in terms of controls? I find myself trying to truck defenders with the right stick in All Pro and attempting to charge my running backs up in NCAA...

Not to mention that after playing a game of NCAA and going straight into AP2k8, I tend to to throw just about every pass off my back foot until I realize that the momentum is completely different and I need to tap lightly on the controller when dropping back with the QB.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #47
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I changed my controls in NCAA to be as close to APF as possible. Makes it a lot easier to go between games.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
I changed my controls in NCAA to be as close to APF as possible. Makes it a lot easier to go between games.
yeah it's a real pain, i wish APF2k8 let you change every control like NCAA does. I hate having turbo on the B button, i prefer it the way it is in most sports games, on the right trigger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »