Home

Gamespot Review 7.5

This is a discussion on Gamespot Review 7.5 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Gamespot Review 7.5

So judging how they review the games, Madden should probably get like a 5.1 or something because EA puts out the same damn gameplay every year with just a few minor changes and take features out only to put in something crappy.

EDIT: And I'm not saying what 2k8 got was an unfair score, I'm just saying, to be fair on the other side, you have to look at the circumstances.
NO! I will not change this until Lakers get to Western Conference Finals!!! Friday, Oct 13, 2006 (It is raining hard) 8:14pm 30sec (Check)

NO! I will not change this Until Lakers Are 2008-2009 Champs! Friday, Oct 3, 2008
(Check)

Last edited by HELLisFUN; 07-20-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #18
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Guys - keep in mind NCAA only got an 8.3 from IGN. Honestly - compared to that - the 7.6 that APF2K8 received is VERY fair.
I agree. I did look back at Madden 06 and saw it got and 8.0 from a notorious Madden lover. So I don't think a 7.6 is unjust. I do think that 8.0 in gameplay is a little bit UNLESS that includes replayability... As in: no franchise.

So far, on the whole, I think everyone is glad APF2K8 is on the market. Just it time to mature and get back in the game completely and I think folks will be happier. We all know how 2Ksports operates. They do seem to listen to the community.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #19
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLisFUN
So judging how they review the games, Madden should probably get like a 5.1 or something because EA puts out the same damn gameplay every year with just a few minor changes and take features out only to put in something crappy.

EDIT: And I'm not saying what 2k8 got was an unfair score, I'm just saying, to be fair on the other side, you have to look at the circumstances.
Yeah,... no. At least EA tried to make the jump to "next gen" with Madden. And now they have reworked the engine. APF2k8 reminds me of when the Xbox360 first launched and a bunch of current gen games were being ported to the 360 with slight graphic upgrades. Only this time the features have been stripped in the jump. I cant see how anyone would argue the review scores. ALso, like others have pointed out, why does it matter to you what Gamespot gave the game? If you like it, it doesnt matter what they say.

EDIT: When I say "you" I mean everyone arguing the score.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think to get a 7.5 for a football game with no franchise is pretty amazing and speaks volumes for the game. If Madden didn't have franchise it's first year on the 360, I'm sure it would've gotten a 5. For it be to so close to NCAA's rating says a lot w/how many features they've added to that game.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 21

I would not worry about any gamesite reviews of the game. Word of mouth has done more for 2K games than these sites. The game sites aint what made NBA2K7 better than Live it was people playing the game.

I have seen first hand a the effect this game has had on someone who never played the game before. They were SOLD on it. If anyone gets there hands on a gamepad and a AP2k8 disk is spinning in the 360, they are gonna get hooked.

The game has a steeper learning curve than madden because there are things a noob has to take in account that they may not be aware of when playing the game. However the game plays good enough that I am sure most will play it enough to pick up on the feel of the game and become good at it.

I can understand the reviews being down on not having franchise mode and such, but to claim the games graphics are not good and the gameplay is NFL2K5.5 shows the truth in the review. The truth is those people did not play much 2K5 because if they did they would clearly see this game is much better than that on the field.

Again, despite not having a NFL license VC did more with less but its not talked up in these reviews. Look at the work that went into the stadiums, the work that went into getting the Legends to play like who they represent and their signature moves. The first football game to bring you sidelines activity to immerse you in the game. The new rating system that has added a whole new dimention to video game football strategy. If these things and others are mentioned in a article, it is done so as if they are little mean nothing things.

NCAA 08 actually has less features on the field than AP2K8 but what the heck lets over look that in our reviews. Thats not a knock on NCAA 08, its a good game, but to beat up on one game for certain reasons and let the other slide aint exactly right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #22
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosball39
I think to get a 7.5 for a football game with no franchise is pretty amazing and speaks volumes for the game. If Madden didn't have franchise it's first year on the 360, I'm sure it would've gotten a 5. For it be to so close to NCAA's rating says a lot w/how many features they've added to that game.
Well said. Honestly, if they figure out a way to implement franchise with this game engine, this game will really take off. I'm not expecting it, but its a damn fun game already. As far as NFL 2K5.5, I vehemently disagree. This game is gorgeous in motion and rectified a lot of the 2K5 uglies. Guys run better, models look a lot more human, and there are a lot of small things in the game that help. I watched a corner try to run stride for stride with Moss on a 50 yard bomb from Cunningham to Moss and get beat and it was one of the best experiences I've had in a game.

Like a poster said, NCAA 08 got an 8.3 in its second iteration on the 360 and with a couple of years of experience with the next-gen systems. Patience is key here. Hopefully sales were good enough to keep this series going

Old 07-20-2007, 10:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sales are really all that matters. Buy the game if you want to see football live on. Heck, 2k sports is even good for Madden lovers. It creates a competitive envoirement between developers, thus resulting in a better product from both sides.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

sorry, i didn't like it. I put it up on ebay and then took it down last nite to play some more. I still wasn't feeling it and put it back on ebay. I sold it today for $50 with a "buy it now". I may get into it later once it's in the bargin bin.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »