Home

Old 07-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #49
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: IGN 7.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsdynasty
So, the fact that Madden 2008 will have all those features that were left out are back WITH BETTER GAMEPLAY from what ive seen in the videos.
Watch the most recent IGN Masterbit vids of Madden and you might be singing a different tune.

Quote:
You cant watch your own team play. You cant play against your own team. You cant edit the generic players. I could keep going but, I think im rambling.
You can watch your own team play. The game does allow CPU vs CPU, which I'm guessing NCAA does not judging by a long thread there. And Madden hasn't had it since it moved to next gen. Guess it won't be as big an issue if neither has it. And that's my problem, people are trying to focus more on what APF doesn't have versus giving equal weight to what it does have - and there's the obvious attempt to marginalize the things it does have or does do quite well. My problem is the games aren't judged on the same merits, and the perception these reviews give affect the bottom line. We have to "hope" people that rely on reviews will look past them to purchase enough copies to warrant another game next year, while they more or less flat out endorse Madden/NCAA. Despite the fact that APF runs rings around pretty much everyone's 1st NG offerings. It's tiring to see year in and year out. Without even looking I'm willing to bet NCAA 07 got a better or similar rating than APF did, despite APF being far superior. imo. Either way, you're entitled to your opinion.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

RockinDaMike, I co-sign with you 200%. I too have yet to bless the online community with my presence, but yet I still have a tremendous amount of enjoyment playing in-house (or in my case in-building) tournaments and creating new teams and new combinations!!!

I agree with a majority of those who've pretty much known what the were buying as soon as the buzz went up on these forums and had the guts to stick with it. Yes, this game has some major issues, and of course this game has a lot of things that we like (gameplay being one major thing I'm impressed with!). I've noticed a LOT of people took APF2K8 right back and haven't really given it a chance. I mean can those who bought it HONESTLY say the hated it that much to return it in a day or 2??

I strongly believe that APF2K8 still has a few aces up its sleeve, BUT I believe those won't be revealed until APF2k9. This game is very serviceable and (this is ONLY one mans' opinion, don't have a cow, haters) this game DOES have tremendous replay value. Playing with different legends, tweaking the sliders, or going online will have me playing this game until I feel like playing NCAA Football 2008 (which I don't usually buy until right before the start of College Football season, anyway). So, thats my opinion, folks. In case you're wondering (probably not) which team I use, it is as follows:

Gold
Night Train Lane
Reggie White

Silver
Randall Cunnigham
Richmond Webb
Roger Craig

Bronze
John Offerdahl
Dexter Manley
Alvin Harper
Cliff Branch
William Perry
Jeff Jaeger

I created the Saints 1990's uniforms!! Happy Hunting!!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #51
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I think that says it all. The game was not planned out well. They placed great gameplay inside a very poorly wrapped package, with very poorly thought out external features.

Now, before some of you say, "Well, that's all I care about, great gameplay," if 2K is claiming that the success of this year's game will be the guage to see if they make another, it may be a very long time before we do see another 2K football game.

There is nothing in this game that reaches out to a newcomer, and that's a huge issue.
Good Post. To me its kinda like 2K served a steak dinner on the top of a trash can lid, lol. If people can get past everything you can find a great experiece, just like if you can get past what that dinner is served on, you might find 1 of the best meals you ever tasted. It's how this game was put together.

They could've really had an amazing title on their hands. The gameplay is there(for the most part, still some issues), but if they dont release this next year, how long can this last for people that dont go online? There's nothing there really. 2k could've made this thing incredible without the real world world restrictions. I just wish they put as much thought into the league structure and ideas as they did into the presentation, gameplay, and stadiums. The game just is so incomplete to me, off the field.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Good Post. To me its kinda like 2K served a steak dinner on the top of a trash can lid, lol. If people can get past everything you can find a great experiece, just like if you can get past what that dinner is served on, you might find 1 of the best meals you ever tasted. It's how this game was put together.

They could've really had an amazing title on their hands. The gameplay is there(for the most part, still some issues), but if they dont release this next year, how long can this last for people that dont go online? There's nothing there really. 2k could've made this thing incredible without the real world world restrictions. I just wish they put as much thought into the league structure and ideas as they did into the presentation, gameplay, and stadiums. The game just is so incomplete to me, off the field.
I agree guys- there's a lot to improve upon.
The way I see it is that maybe this iteration of the game was focused solely on making a great playing game and getting a solid base of legends to play with/ as. Then, (hopefully) next year and (hopefully) successive attempts will broaden, deepen, and sharpen the experience to what we know 2K can offer as a whole experience!

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 07-21-2007, 11:11 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

7.6 isn't a bad score every game can't be a 10, but i do think the game deserves a 8.4. The more you play the game the more new things you find with it. all the Uni-codes and online leagues makes the game insane online. I only play online so i would give it a 10 i just love the fact that every team is so differrent yet they're equal because we are allotted the same number of legends, which keep every game fresh and i just figured out how to add play to my playbook (So many)! I seen about 2,900 people online yesterday!! I thought that was incredible thats NBA 2k7 numbers in its prime. I played over 120 game of Madden 07 online and don't remember ever seeing it that high. Right now AP is the best FB playing game on the feild imo, is NCaa good? yes its good especially if you owned 07. The thing is ever since i played AP i find NCaa boaring by the third qrt i just find my self going threw the motions to get the game over with to get back to APF. In the end to each their own these companies aren't paying use so be a gamer and try and enjoy them all, i know i will i with gladly rotate APF, Madden, Ncaa
Old 07-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #54
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

dunno about you guys but im actually surprised that it had a pretty decent score...no complaints here since im not a chise palyer
Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
dunno about you guys but im actually surprised that it had a pretty decent score...no complaints here since im not a chise palyer
Translation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_Holton718
I strongly believe that APF2K8 still has a few aces up its sleeve, BUT I believe those won't be revealed until APF2k9.
Just FYI man, it will be a bi-yearly title, meaning the next game, assuming there is one, will be APF2K10.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »