Home

Anyone Having Freezing Issues?

This is a discussion on Anyone Having Freezing Issues? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Anyone Having Freezing Issues?

I've had the game since it was released and in the past 3 times I've tried to play the game, it froze on me. Played probably 6-8 games before that with no issue.

I don't know if it's my 360 or not. I'm on my second 360 already. The original one I got began to freeze on me within the first month I had it. It froze on me constantly. I exchanged it for the one I have now, which I've had for about 6 months and it hasn't froze once... until yesterday.

So, I was wondering if anyone was having Freezing issues with the game, or if I have to Exchange my 360 again.

Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Anyone Having Freezing Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agettings
I've had the game since it was released and in the past 3 times I've tried to play the game, it froze on me. Played probably 6-8 games before that with no issue.

I don't know if it's my 360 or not. I'm on my second 360 already. The original one I got began to freeze on me within the first month I had it. It froze on me constantly. I exchanged it for the one I have now, which I've had for about 6 months and it hasn't froze once... until yesterday.

So, I was wondering if anyone was having Freezing issues with the game, or if I have to Exchange my 360 again.

Thanks for the help.
i have played 20-25 hours without any issues

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

It's probably your system. Mine started out freezing and now it's completely dead.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 07-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm playing on the PS3 and I have logged an absurd amount of hours with this game, both on and offline without a single hitch.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Only had the game freeze once on me, but the problem im having is dirty disc error, unable to read. And a error on a white screen put this disc in a 360 in many different languages..anybody have any ideas about this?

BTW This is my second copy of Allpro took the first one back, opened the second and the first time it booted up I got the put this disc in a 360 error
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
Banned

Had a couple freezes, but it doesn't seem like it will be an issue.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #7
goz
Rookie

OVR: 4

Since this is a 2k game, I always start up my 360 by pressing the eject button, letting the 360 load to the dashboard and then closing the tray. I had the same freezing issue with some of my 2k games, but after doing this I have never encountered the freezing issue again.

Peace.
GOZ
Old 07-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #8
Rookie

Don't know about the last post.. i tend to play the game straight from the dashboard anyway since mine boots up to the dashboard.

However i did go about buying another 360 recently to ahem.. exchange my current one with (by the way... for all you that think i'm a scumbag, when you return at a retailer 100% of the time when its defective it goes back to the manufacturer, otherwise if its fine its open item or it gets returned anyway as defective, latter being the case most of the time). Only problem i've ever had with mine, going on 8 months now, is the cd rom drive gets stuck ejecting and i have to push it in and it pops out. I was worried the motor might burn out.

Anyway because of that problem i was gonna swap it, but the new one froze three times already playing all pro footbal. Honestly, with how these 360's are made i don't feel bad saying that you should keep swapping one out until you get one that doesn't have any issues. ALL xbox's are defective up until the most recent ones manufactured which is why they have a 3 year replacement on them now. And since theres a backlog of ones that aren't fixed/highly defective (only about half a million out there, and probably haven't been shipped that are "good") you're going to have to be really freaking lucky like i was.. or just keep on returning it until you get one you feel is good. Even then its a ticking time bomb, just a matter of when. 30% is the failure rate thrown around right now.. however its probably quite a bit higher.

Play it/leave it in demo mode for 6-8 hours a couple of times and if it freezes take it back. Keep doing it until you get a decent one. 360 would be one of the best systems ever if it wasn't for this issue. Good luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »