Home

Why/How does your team work?

This is a discussion on Why/How does your team work? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

OVR: 4
Why/How does your team work?

A thread to explain to us at OPS why your team is good...and how your team works on the field.

I'll post mine later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Why/How does your team work?

Mine is summed up in 2 words - emmitt smith

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

My team consists of:

Gold:
Ronnie Lott FS
Rod Woodson CB

Silver:
Herman Moore WR
Irving Fryar WR
Lem Barney CB

Bronze:
Dave Krieg QB
David Meggett HB
Rob Moore WR
Charlie Waters SS
Korey Stringer T
Cliff Branch WR

My offense is the run and shoot, at least as much as can be translated into 2k8. It has its problems, but I think i've got them overcome.

When I begin the game people often go into dime sets expecting a more traditional offense, so I run the ball up the middle and try to get them into standard defensive sets. This works very well at drawing people into 4-4 and 46 sets. Even when i go to the air they stay in those packages but blitz instead, which is pretty easy to beat.

If my run doesn't work well at first I hit Meggett on the screens to try and get the defense out of the middle of the field, and to get the player cheating. I try to balance out the sides of the screens, preferring left slightly because I have a bronze OL there. In order to beat 1-safety sets like the 46 and 4-4 i simply run the 'Double Cross' play and either hit the outside crosser against man or the inside crosser against zone. As long as the pass is charged up these passes are quite deadly against 1-safety sets, especially without star DBs.

If the defense is playing conservatively I go into dink and dunk, hitting the slants, flats, and quick hitches, basically moving toward a more ball control style. I still hit the double cross play sometimes to keep the defense on their toes but not so much. I also mix in runs to try to get the defense more aggressive.

My defense is essentially designed(with only star DBs) to contain passing offenses and keep the long runs from turning into TDs. I play a mix of man and zone, audibling if I see the warning signs of certain plays, such as the double cross mentioned above. I don't blitz much but i do move the DL if i think they're passing. To stop the gold/silver RBs i use the show blitz and try to play the numbers.

I play a lot of cover two because I think my safeties can handle it, especially Lott, who tends to line up on #1 WRs. If there's anywhere I'm weak it's handling really good run offenses and handling dink and dunk offense. I really need to work on it but I think i have the defensive basics down.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

1st TEAM: GOLD QB, GOLD WR, SILVER TE, SILVER CB, SILVER OLB
2nd TEAM:GOLD ILB, GOLD OLB, SILVER QB, SILVER CB, SILVER SS
OFFENSE IN BOLD
Old 07-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I made an entire team of players who played for the Niners, just started playing so its far too early to tell how we will do for the long haul but so far so good through one game...

Gold
QB- Joe Montana
FS- Ronnie Lott

Silver
HB- Roger Craig
T- Bob St Clair
DE- Chris Doleman

Bronze
FB- Tom Rathman
WR- John Taylor
C- Jesse Sapolu
G- Guy McIntyre
ILB- Ken Norton Jr
ILB- Gary Plummer

Am thinking of dumping Montana for Rice or Rod Woodson and getting John Brodie at Bronze. I really hope they bring this game out next year as well and add more players, would love to see Deion Sanders, Charles Haley, Merton Hanks, Tim McDonald and Im sure Im forgetting some but this game is a breath of fresh air thats for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Sportsfan1889's Arena

that was a fun read panzeh. the type of posts I wanted.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzeh
My team consists of:

Gold:
Ronnie Lott FS
Rod Woodson CB

Silver:
Herman Moore WR
Irving Fryar WR
Lem Barney CB

Bronze:
Dave Krieg QB
David Meggett HB
Rob Moore WR
Charlie Waters SS
Korey Stringer T
Cliff Branch WR

My offense is the run and shoot, at least as much as can be translated into 2k8. It has its problems, but I think i've got them overcome.

When I begin the game people often go into dime sets expecting a more traditional offense, so I run the ball up the middle and try to get them into standard defensive sets. This works very well at drawing people into 4-4 and 46 sets. Even when i go to the air they stay in those packages but blitz instead, which is pretty easy to beat.

If my run doesn't work well at first I hit Meggett on the screens to try and get the defense out of the middle of the field, and to get the player cheating. I try to balance out the sides of the screens, preferring left slightly because I have a bronze OL there. In order to beat 1-safety sets like the 46 and 4-4 i simply run the 'Double Cross' play and either hit the outside crosser against man or the inside crosser against zone. As long as the pass is charged up these passes are quite deadly against 1-safety sets, especially without star DBs.

If the defense is playing conservatively I go into dink and dunk, hitting the slants, flats, and quick hitches, basically moving toward a more ball control style. I still hit the double cross play sometimes to keep the defense on their toes but not so much. I also mix in runs to try to get the defense more aggressive.

My defense is essentially designed(with only star DBs) to contain passing offenses and keep the long runs from turning into TDs. I play a mix of man and zone, audibling if I see the warning signs of certain plays, such as the double cross mentioned above. I don't blitz much but i do move the DL if i think they're passing. To stop the gold/silver RBs i use the show blitz and try to play the numbers.

I play a lot of cover two because I think my safeties can handle it, especially Lott, who tends to line up on #1 WRs. If there's anywhere I'm weak it's handling really good run offenses and handling dink and dunk offense. I really need to work on it but I think i have the defensive basics down.
That's really similar to the type of team/setup I run, only I went big at QB with Marino and I took Rice.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:35 AM   #8
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

Holy crap 4 WRs?

Well the team I'm going to start playing with online (I haven't used that team yet, but I think it will work well) is....

TE: Shannon Sharpe (I recreated him, this time giving him the bulldozer ability as well)
RB: Earl Campbell
QB: Randall Cunningham
WR: Bobby Mitchell
SS: Joey Brower
C: Mick Tinglehoff
DE: Clyde Simmons
FS: Eugene Robinson
CB: Terry McDaniel
T: Joe Jacoby
DT: Dan Saleamua

Well the TE in my mind is better than having a gold WR. Mainly because guys like Jerry and Raymond always get triple teamed (I know it opens up things for others, but still). I recreated Shannon Sharpe because he only had 2 abilities so why not give him 3? I chose bulldozer so he could help out Campbell (who is beast).
So that makes three bulldozers. Cunningham can throw it to Mitchell, who is also a great return man. Sharpe is boss, and can catch anything.
Simmons provides some pass rush, Saleamua stuffs the run, and I think the LB position is overrated. So I got three coverage guys.

Any suggestions to make it betta?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »