Home

I Hate All Pro Football 2K8........

This is a discussion on I Hate All Pro Football 2K8........ within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: I Hate All Pro Football 2K8........

Yeah I can relate, I just get sad, to think this game would be on its third year, if it never lost the NFL rights. The thing I really like is the side lines going crazy. I like the NCAA game and play it for a minute, but I took it back, just can't get into the College. I am still looking forward to Madden, but it will be tough to play it, especially wishing it was 2k. Oh well, it is what it is!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 12:26 AM   #66
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4

I dont have APF yet as Im still pretty much into NCAA, so I dont know for certain about the DB AI quirks being reported here. I do know that Ive watched on TV and been to hundreds of real NFL games and Ive never seen a game where there WASNT dumb DB mistakes. Ive seen pro bowl safties leave recievers wide open trying help a CB teammate in coverage...hell, you saw it in last years Super Bowl. I dont know if VC programmed mental errors into the game or not...Im just saying that they ARE a reality in the NFL.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan
I dont have APF yet as Im still pretty much into NCAA, so I dont know for certain about the DB AI quirks being reported here. I do know that Ive watched on TV and been to hundreds of real NFL games and Ive never seen a game where there WASNT dumb DB mistakes. Ive seen pro bowl safties leave recievers wide open trying help a CB teammate in coverage...hell, you saw it in last years Super Bowl. I dont know if VC programmed mental errors into the game or not...Im just saying that they ARE a reality in the NFL.
Thank you, I get so tired of people complaining about DB skills. I love it like this, it is real. DB's make mistakes all the time. I love the human error factor or the cluelessness DB! lol Hey I made a new word! lol
Old 07-23-2007, 12:33 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

I can't even play ncaa now. I to was quite excited about ncaa, especially after playing the demo... but once 2k came out, ncaa is no more.

I am considering selling it!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 AM   #69
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan
I tend to agree regarding the DB issue.... I think it's overstated in this thread as far as 2K8 is concerned.... 2K5 did have a DB issue.... I've not seen it in 2K8, maybe some folks should adjust the sliders or just move up to all pro/customized settings.....

I could nit/pick this game to death (QB hands on top of C butt b/4 hike)..... but no1 can deny that this game has a intensity and excitement that only 2K5 has reached.... moreover, being that 2K8 is very similar to 2K5 isn't a bad thing.... that's what every1 wanted....?!?!?

thank you 2K.....

Last edited by xrams; 07-23-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:07 AM   #70
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I agree with you Sage. I've always been an NCAA guy... but right now I'm finding myself wanting to play APF more. The presentation has really sucked me in. Oh how I wish EA would take a page out of 2Ks books and learn how to add "the little things." It just adds so much more to the gaming experience.

Exactly. The little things mean so much nowadays, especially with next gen. This is the 1 area EA just doesn't "get". Flaws in EA's game just wouldn't stand out as much in my mind if they had a plethora of details and excellent presentation. Still EA made some great strides this year IMO.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-23-2007, 01:32 AM   #71
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
I disagree. NCAA/Madden's engine just plays more realistic. The problem with those games were AI, which has changed a lot in '08. Is it perfect? No not yet. The gameplays runs smoother on both NCAA and Madden. On APF, the animations and such just look very robotic and stiff.
I agree with that but EA has been lacking in the presentation department and in my opinion a halftime show with highlights always makes it feel more like a real football game than just another game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
I disagree. NCAA/Madden's engine just plays more realistic. The problem with those games were AI, which has changed a lot in '08. Is it perfect? No not yet. The gameplays runs smoother on both NCAA and Madden. On APF, the animations and such just look very robotic and stiff.
I really have no idea how you could come to the conclusion that NCAA/Madden play a more realistic game of football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »