Home

Maybe I'm Missing Something

This is a discussion on Maybe I'm Missing Something within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #41
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Maybe I'm Missing Something

I'm having more fun online with this game than any other FB game i've ever played.
I get beat by pass so I change my team with more CB's then someone can run on me so I trade them in for DL and LB...

Man this game is awesome... My only gripe is the lack of offline feature, I just wish that 2K had been working on this game longer than one year. But honestly I believe this is a great first release on next gen.

FUN, that's what I love about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
I'm having more fun online with this game than any other FB game i've ever played.
I get beat by pass so I change my team with more CB's then someone can run on me so I trade them in for DL and LB...

Man this game is awesome... My only gripe is the lack of offline feature, I just wish that 2K had been working on this game longer than one year. But honestly I believe this is a great first release on next gen.

FUN, that's what I love about it.
That's the thing with this game. The best thing about it is having legends and being able to custimize your roster. You can create players and change your playbook around. It's a great thing and it's something new. That's the fun of it. I hope 2k sticks with this concept and just does more with it.. I've wanted a legends game for a while. TEcmo Bowl back in the day was loads of fun and this game reminds me of that.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
so you've actually played 2k8????

db ai sucks in 2k8

when madden first came out on next gen totally stripped of features, it was ripped ad nauseum here. now no one here wants to admit that the emperor has no clothes

they could have put fps '99 in a box and it would have been lauded here
I should have said more realistic db ai. VC is not there yet but they are really close. I am playing with Willie Brown. I decided to use press coverage against Charlie Taylor. One of Willie Brown attributes is bump coverage but Charlie beat him like a drum off the line and beat his bump and run. The great part is Brown press and then his momentum carried him in the direction of his press. Charlie was running a post corner and Brown then tried to recover and made the tackle down the field.

Yup, a gold cornerback can get beat in this game. I was nervous to press Charlie Taylor and started to run a more cover 3 defense. The qb attack Brown but Brown played the pattern picture perfect and deflected the ball. DB ai shouldn't be perfect all the time and I like the more realistic randomness with players. Replay is my best friend in this game.

Oh yeah, this happen in the "boring season" mode. I am in the process of expanding my playbook for my offense.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:34 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I should have said more realistic db ai. VC is not there yet but they are really close. I am playing with Willie Brown. I decided to use press coverage against Charlie Taylor. One of Willie Brown attributes is bump coverage but Charlie beat him like a drum off the line and beat his bump and run. The great part is Brown press and then his momentum carried him in the direction of his press. Charlie was running a post corner and Brown then tried to recover and made the tackle down the field.

Yup, a gold cornerback can get beat in this game. I was nervous to press Charlie Taylor and started to run a more cover 3 defense. The qb attack Brown but Brown played the pattern picture perfect and deflected the ball. DB ai shouldn't be perfect all the time and I like the more realistic randomness with players. Replay is my best friend in this game.

Oh yeah, this happen in the "boring season" mode. I am in the process of expanding my playbook for my offense.
I agree. I have never understood all of the complaints about DB AI. Sure it has been bad but this game pretty much nails it. Human DBs can and do make mistakes. Pro Bowl DBs have blown coverages as well. I want my computer game to be realistic and not perfect like a computer.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #45
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Before anyone jumps on my case, I like every game 2K has came out w/ and still play 2K5.

I got NCAA when it came out and haven't put it down since. I decided to rent APF since I was on the back end of a pay period and couldn't afford to buy both.

I put it in and instantly love the way I can customize my team and the over the top stadiums. The late hits and new countless natural animations were very well done and nice, gameplay is also smooth. And the A.I is nice.

But imo, when it comes down to it, it's just 2K5 w/ new animations and retired players. Unless I'm missing something, this is nothing more than 2K5V.2, nothing against 2K5 but I guess I was expecting a little more. I think I will go ahead and wait until the price drops to $30.00 to actually buy it. It is a good game, but, imo, I find NCAA to be better.

I have a question to all the 2K gamers, I hear people bashing EA saying all they do is put out the same game but w/ 2 new features after taking out 3 the year before, but isn't that what APF is?

And please answer the question w/o bashing b/c I really want to hear people's opinions w/o this getting locked.
How wrong I was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

yea, ive found that the people on 2k boards are MUCH more mature than a LOT of the guys on EA boards. Good and bad in both, but most 2k guys are willing to discuss whatever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »