Home

Special Teams Demons

This is a discussion on Special Teams Demons within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Special Teams Demons

I think RT and LT in the substitution menu on kickoff and punt teams allows you to switch to different positions. This is how you get Tasker on your punt and kickoff coverage teams. I like to put Tasker on the right side because that's where most returns go and he's good at drawing blocks. He's also a really good gunner, though punting is not a common thing online.

Also helpful is that Tasker is a pretty good blocker at the WR position and I like to motion him in for the dive plays to add a little extra oomph to my run game and get the safety/mlb.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

You can assign whoever you want to be KR/PR, I aint at home right now to tell you exactly how to do it, but it can be done. I saw the screens that let you assign players to specific positions. I just cant remember off hand how I got there.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Tasker was a Special Teams cover guy for the Bills in the 90's that had an absolute nose for the ball. I think the OP is trying to get him on the Special Teams cover unit, not necisarrily on the return team....and if so, not as the actual returner.
Exactly. I don't want a dumb punt returner/kick returner. I want Deron Cherry and Tasker to cover punts and kickoffs, like they're supposed too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #12
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzeh
I think RT and LT in the substitution menu on kickoff and punt teams allows you to switch to different positions. This is how you get Tasker on your punt and kickoff coverage teams. I like to put Tasker on the right side because that's where most returns go and he's good at drawing blocks. He's also a really good gunner, though punting is not a common thing online.

Also helpful is that Tasker is a pretty good blocker at the WR position and I like to motion him in for the dive plays to add a little extra oomph to my run game and get the safety/mlb.
I haven't gotten that to work yet. The legends don't show up.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Make sure Tasker is your 3rd string WR or below.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #14
jdt

OVR:

yea make him 3rd receiver or lower as what a lot of people have said

what i have noticed is that for special teams, only non starters are listed when you do formation subs. Basically you have to have him as your 3rd string receiver or lower, then he might show up somewhere on the kick/punt coverage kick/punt return teams (as a blocker, not returner) and FG block. if not, you can go into formation subs for these packages and put him in there (again, select who you want to replace, click LT or RT to get to WR, and he should then be on the list as long as he is 3rd receiver or lower.)

It is kinda stupid, especially if you want him to be a starting receiver(even though he has all defensive abilities)...but i belive you can press x for WR sub before selecting your formation if you want him to be a receiver in a 2 WR set(any higher # of receiver set he will be on if he is 3rd on the depth chart)

Old 07-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #15
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzeh
Make sure Tasker is your 3rd string WR or below.
This man is a genius. This worked. I did that then went through in formation subs and put him back in at wr.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
This man is a genius. This worked. I did that then went through in formation subs and put him back in at wr.
Okay but what about my Free safety Cherry? I want him to cover special teams as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »