Home

The Importance Of Franchise Mode In APF

This is a discussion on The Importance Of Franchise Mode In APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Important Is Franchise Mode In APF?
VERY IMPORTANT 52 35.37%
IMPORTANT 21 14.29%
IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A FRANCHISE MODE 50 34.01%
NOT INTERESTED IN A FRANCHISE MODE 24 16.33%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
The Importance Of Franchise Mode In APF

I've been playing online (All Pro) so much I haven't had a chance to play season mode. All Pro default seems to work well for me, so I might even forgo the sliders and start a season. My question is how important is a franchise mode in this particular game given the legend angle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: The Importance Of Franchise Mode In APF

It's important to me, but I bought the game anyway. Then I also bought xbox live, which makes no franchise mode alright. I've had a lot of fun online.

If I didn't also have NCAA though, I could see myself being bored after a while.

A deep franchise mode would make this game incredible. I'm not sure how they would do it, but I would probably be in favor of sratching the legends and going the franchise route instead if thats what it came down to probably.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I've never liked franchise modes for the simple fact that the rosters can't stay exact to the rosters that they coincide in real life. I like playing the game with my team with the rosters concurrent to those in the league itself.

So when guys say they love franchise modes I find it odd cause the most important thing that is also a big thread starter is roster accuracy.

I rather have roster accuracy than a franchise mode any day. Roster accuracy that you can use in a season mode.

However that is not the question at hand. I don't see any reason in a franchise mode for this game since the idea behind this game is to build a team balanced with a certain amount of stars. Problem is that I don't think people want to play with a balanced team. Most of the complaints stem due to not having enough stars on their team. They want there their generics to be better than generics.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 AM   #4
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

OVR: 6

I would have been fine with all generic players. Legends could make a franchise lop sided if not done right.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 AM   #5
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm a franchise fan, and can live with it absent from this game. I don't take any points away from this game for no franchise though, as I really don't see how it would have worked in a game with legends like this anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

There needs to be something more than what's there, but I'm admittedly not sure how to implement it. Before, I would have been fine with all generic players. Now, however, I really like having the legends in the game.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Cyclonus's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
I've never liked franchise modes for the simple fact that the rosters can't stay exact to the rosters that they coincide in real life. I like playing the game with my team with the rosters concurrent to those in the league itself.

So when guys say they love franchise modes I find it odd cause the most important thing that is also a big thread starter is roster accuracy.

I rather have roster accuracy than a franchise mode any day. Roster accuracy that you can use in a season mode.

However that is not the question at hand. I don't see any reason in a franchise mode for this game since the idea behind this game is to build a team balanced with a certain amount of stars. Problem is that I don't think people want to play with a balanced team. Most of the complaints stem due to not having enough stars on their team. They want there their generics to be better than generics.
Im w/ this dude, for some reason w/ my football games i like the roster to be near accurate. That is why i hardly play any franchise or season game w/ the Giants. I always want to play the team that they are playing that week and if i have a guy injured in my season, which is cool, and im playing that team it feels goofy and i dont have fun.

Ive thought to myself it would be cool to do a season where the rosters are identical to the real nfl. Like if some way xbox live would update the rosters each week so that when you played you have the same inj guys in your season like in real life.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonus
Im w/ this dude, for some reason w/ my football games i like the roster to be near accurate. That is why i hardly play any franchise or season game w/ the Giants. I always want to play the team that they are playing that week and if i have a guy injured in my season, which is cool, and im playing that team it feels goofy and i dont have fun.

Ive thought to myself it would be cool to do a season where the rosters are identical to the real nfl. Like if some way xbox live would update the rosters each week so that when you played you have the same inj guys in your season like in real life.
Co-sign.

I never could stand fantasy rosters or rosters that do not match what is going on IRL. I NEVER fealt the need to play multiple franchises, to create these multiple seasons and inaccurate rosters in any of the games I play. However, I understand that alot of people like creating fantast rosters and such. I'm just not one of them.

BTW, I'm having a blast playing season mode in this game. I'm currently 5-4 and the AI is awesome! Playing against these different teams and having the cpu AI use them to their strenghts is great.

The game is soo unpredictible from game to game and the playcalling by the Cpu is unmatched. I have had all types of games so far in my season.

I can't overstate how pleased I am with the CPU AI and the gameplay in general in AP2K8. It is by far the "smartest" AI I have played on any NextGen sports title to this point.

It does have it's hiccups just like any other game but, I have really enjoyed the varying animations and strategy that you get with each game played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »