Home

demo is out.

This is a discussion on demo is out. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: demo is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
2K football is an addiction you can't shake easily... be warned
]

I have to agree with this statement. Honestly when I first popped the game in I was let down. I then played some NCAA and a strange thing happened, I actually wanted to play AP2k8. Needless to say I haven't put NCAA back in the system yet and am going to Ebay it. Hard to believe considering I was a die hard EA guy, I hated NFL2k games until 2k5 and that didn't last too long due to some flaws I couldn't overlook.

For some reason this game is the Football game I needed and now I worry Madden won't even compare. Even though Madden looks great this year, the things that AP2k8 does great, Madden has always done terrible and the realism of this game has spoiled me. If anything it really makes me realize how far away from a perfect football game we really are.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #34
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Me and my cousin played about 5-6 games now. Hes really not a fan of any specific football game. He loved it though. We actually played madden 07 probably 3-4 hours before hand.

He was just stunned at the animations of the game. And i was as well. We both agreed that the game needs some polish graphically, but the amount of animations in the game is out standing. I'm really re-considering buying Madden 08 over this. If this just had a lengthy season mode then it would be a shoe in for sure
Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #35
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
If this just had a lengthy season mode then it would be a shoe in for sure
Well it does have a full season mode, just not franchise. Not sure if that's what you meant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 09:39 AM   #36
Rookie

dredogg90's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
I've played 5 games of the demo so far and I'm disappointed. There is nothing about this game that is "next-gen."

Defend their decision to release this game all you want and talk about how great it is to have choices again (which I agree with), but this is not a $60 next-gen game and, therefore, I won't be buying it.

Player models look pretty nice in close-ups/cut-scenes but during the game they look bad. Some nice animations, but I don't buy a new $400 next-gen console for a few nice animations and a game that looks and plays a heck of a lot like a game I played 3 years ago (and paid $20 for brand new).

If you're into supporting 2k by giving them your money, I can understand that. I've been a fan of their games since the Dreamcast. I just can't help but feel disappointed. I really wanted to like this game, but it really seems like a Xbox/PS2 game with some HD textures thrown in. Like I said, there are some nice things in there and the gameplay feels good, but nothing that couldn't have been done last-gen and in some ways, I think NFL2k5 actually looked better. I'm just not seeing what's in the game that warrants the $60 next-gen pricing.

I agree. I expected a better looking football game. 2K could have done a way better job. If you played this game next to Madden, APF wouldn't be able to compete graphically. When 2K football debuted on dreamcast it was praised for its amazing visuals. When 2k football ended with NFL 2K5, it was considered the best looking sports game of that time. So 2K is known for making great looking football games regardless of the console. What happened to APF? I expected jaw dropping visuals and thought that 2K would take advantage of the powerful next gen consoles. The gameplay, animations, and attention to detail are the best ever in a football game, but its hard to appreciate those things when the graphics are not next-gen.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #37
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredogg90
I agree. I expected a better looking football game. 2K could have done a way better job. If you played this game next to Madden, APF wouldn't be able to compete graphically. When 2K football debuted on dreamcast it was praised for its amazing visuals. When 2k football ended with NFL 2K5, it was considered the best looking sports game of that time. So 2K is known for making great looking football games regardless of the console. What happened to APF? I expected jaw dropping visuals and thought that 2K would take advantage of the powerful next gen consoles. The gameplay, animations, and attention to detail are the best ever in a football game, but its hard to appreciate those things when the graphics are not next-gen.
I can definitly understand where your coming from, however the graphics really aren't all that bad. I mean the character models are pretty good and the detail on them is just fine. However i think what gives off that effect is the flat grass.

You may laugh, but i really think the flat grass makes the eyes flinch. They really do need to put a little more effort in the graphic side of this game. However its a fine ieration of a great series. I can't wait to see what they do next year if they continue.

I might pick this game up if the price is lowerd down before Blue Dragon comes out August 28th
Old 07-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

I just played it and it looks,feels and plays like crap. I dont like it to much maybe after I play a few more times it will get better but as of now a no buy.

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Old 07-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm sorry but this game graphically can hold it's own with any Next-Gen Football title out.

Bad Graphics? You be the judge = Amazing pictures inside

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 07-25-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #40
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with these graphics, nothing wrong with the player models....the only thing they are...is different. Personally, Im up for something new and different as Im really, REALLY burnt out on EA's graphics. Gee, I wonder why that is....oh, yeah...maybe its because they are the exact same damn graphics and player models from Madden06. Same ones from the first NG version of NCAA... oh, sure they sweeten the pot a bit by upgrading the stadiums and adding the old yearly "EA Gimmick" but nothing changes but the names on the jerseys. Then we get the yearly forum readers expounding on the wonders of the "new" Madden only to be the same posters 3 weeks later putting out a flood of "Madden Sucks" threads. I'm ready for a new direction....hopefully, 2K and VC is it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »