Home

For those that have played 2k5

This is a discussion on For those that have played 2k5 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
For those that have played 2k5

For those that are really loving this game and have played 2k5 do you consider this truly next gen? What are some of the improvements that have been made from 2k5? I never played 2k5 or any 2k football game for that matter. Reason I ask this is because i'd really love this game to get with the times. I've basically been completely converted here after giving this game some time. I used to play madden, but it just seems like visual concepts makes the best sports games period these days. The AI and gameplay in some of their games is incredible. NBA 2k7 is kind of the benchmark for sports games imo. MLB 2k7 is good but it's seriously flawed in a lot of ways. This game seems to be somewhere in between. It seems like it's kind of thrown together and they took a lot of older stuff though is why I ask.

Last edited by Walker8; 07-24-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Banned

Re: For those that have played 2k5

Anyways I haven't slept and if I'm making very little sense I apoligize. This game has me hooked lol. Just for comparison's sake though how much is really improved here?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
Rookie

t216's Arena

OVR: 6

The game is not next gen. However, I believe it will slowly transition itself into next gen later in the next installment(s). I can't possibly imagine what the game will look like in the later versions. Some of things I've noticed playing the game thus far:

Signature moves for legends - I have yet seen anything special.

New animations - I especially love the sideline animations. E.g. when my HB runs out of the opponent's sidelines, I actually knocked down the player in front me. Sweet!!! Plus, there's some new tackling animations.

Polished graphics – good polished graphics carried over from the last 2k.

Customization - building the team, play books, created players, etc.

No ratings system but the game used tier and skill sets (limited).

I am hooked on this game...

Last edited by t216; 07-24-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
Banned

Yeah I hear you. That's the thing is this game leaves me wanting more. I know NBA 2k7 isn't a good comparison, but I want to see something polished on that level from VC. I really hope they stick with this series and really spend resources on making it as good as it can be. It seems liek without the NFL license they might not be able to market it next to madden. The amount of resources a game gets usually is contingent on how many people will buy it. NBA 2k7 gets all their attention because it's pretty much their best selling product I would imagine. How about the AI is it improved or is it basically the same?

Last edited by Walker8; 07-24-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
MVP

Personally I think 2k5 and 2k8 game have pushed the limits of what you can do without a non-next gen animation system ie. Euphoria. Some of the animatons look like they are Euporia driven, the way players react to each other and the ball look extremely realistic imo. One of the most impressive animations I have seen is a player short hopping a punt, it looked so natural and life like, I replayed it several times.

I think once Euphoria and a proper physics engine that takes into account speed, weight etc. are implemented in any football game, that's when it will be next gen. This may not be until next gen unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
Banned

Didn't EA buy the Euphoria engine?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm less impressed by the next gen quality of the game than the pure fun factor. Good question though. I'm not even sure how next gen 2K will take the edition.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Didn't EA buy the Euphoria engine?
No. Actually, Take Two has a contract with them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »