Home

week 1: estimated sales

This is a discussion on week 1: estimated sales within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: week 1: estimated sales

I think they should have just named the game Legends of Pro Football. No 2K anything needed. I mean it is not following any real life season anyway so why the 2K8? You don't see Halo 3 being named Halo 3 2K8 or Halo 3 2008. It just makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #226
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer 2K3
Hard copies are useful because with the content on game disc you don't have to worry about deletions. You have a permanent safe store. Also, not everyone has the means or space on their HDs to download the big file types. Already my 20gig 360 store is running low with map packs, game saves, videos, demos.

Also - in regards specifically to Xbox live, you can buy content - but it's locked to your account AND console - and once you change account and you unplug broadband you can not access that content offline. Likewise, If you change your console part (because of failure or other technical issues), again you can't acess the content offline - only when plugged in. Try playing an arcade game offline at your friends house once you're on your 2nd or 3rd refurbished unit. It doesn't work!

So digital content downloads have their fair share of headaches and incompatibilities, all in order to avoid piracy. Not to mention that content downloads on xbox live are non-refundable. Another bad mark against it.

I'm a hard copy guy.

Those are issues now but will fade slowly in the future. I believe that downloading games is the future possibly beginning the next generation.
The game publishers do not care about you they care most about money. There will be some issues but there are also some advantages like significantly lower costs and much faster load times. The driving force behind this is money not convience to consumers. Keep in mind this will be a transition not an event.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #227
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
Those are issues now but will fade slowly in the future. I believe that downloading games is the future possibly beginning the next generation.
The game publishers do not care about you they care most about money. There will be some issues but there are also some advantages like significantly lower costs and much faster load times. The driving force behind this is money not convience to consumers. Keep in mind this will be a transition not an event.
Yeah, think of the money a company would save on art, packaging, shipping, tracking, merchandising, etc. Even if they drop the price $5 or $10 they still should come out far ahead of where they are now.

But with all of that comes pirating. People will find ways to get the stored data on to a disk and pass it around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »