Home

I think its time for a divorce from EA football

This is a discussion on I think its time for a divorce from EA football within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 AM   #25
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: I think its time for a divorce from EA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
That's what I wanted to hear! But are you sure? I asked this question before, and someone said there would be duplicates (even in season mode ).

Do you know if they (CPU Team) will pick up created legends to fill the spot?
I don't know if they will pick CAPs but they will not have any of your players. I remember someone posting in another thread how it sucked to see 2 elways leading the league in passing... which was an obvious lie or there was a generic QB named Joe Elway who was lighting up the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #26
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

i hope 2k pays you guys for all the hating on EA you guys do... im glad i just like good good games and dont have to pledge alliance with any of the companies.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 AM   #27
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio8423
i hope 2k pays you guys for all the hating on EA you guys do... im glad i just like good good games and dont have to pledge alliance with any of the companies.
I don't see anyone pledging alliance as you stated...People are merely coming to the conclusion that THEY prefer 2k's interpretation of the game of football.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #28
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I don't see anyone pledging alliance as you stated...People are merely coming to the conclusion that THEY prefer 2k's interpretation of the game of football.
And thats all it is Finn...You're correct, I still say the worse thing I could have done as a EA fan was say " f-it I'll try 2k5 its only 20 bucks"... Now I cant take EA's gameplay & presentation, its like I'm moving backwards....
Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 AM   #29
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
And in doing this, they are taking slices at EA.

I thought bringing up the "other games" in this forum was frowned upon.

Nothing wrong with not taking in EA's games, because I haven't for two years, but what stuff like this does is indirectly undercut those that feels good about NCAA Football. It's funny, I'm not seeing APF being brought up over in the NCAA forum. In here, EA is brought up almost 50% of the time.

Just talk about APF and APF alone. It's a great, unique game on its lonely. Dragging an EA game in comparison just messes up everything.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #30
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio8423
Now that's comical and a bit dramatic. Why would you try to start a war here?

Not a single poster has "pledge(d) allegiance" (I believe that was the word you were trying to use) to 2K or Visual Concepts. But, if I'm wrong, please respond and include the quote.

EA fan boys are the most vocal group I have ever heard. Reading their dribble you'd think they were protecting their wife or something.

Notice I said EA "fanboys", NOT just guys who like a particular game by EA.

I find that the 2K fans almost always point to particular aspects of the game that make it better than another. They talk in specifics with concrete examples. I rarely hear a juvenile remark from a 2K fan.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #31
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Dragging an EA game in comparison just messes up everything.
Why? How does it "mess everything up?"

Why can't this be discussed like normal adults without people getting their feelings hurt if things stray beyond the usual OS Politically Correct game discussions?

If someone says "You know, I like APF2K8 over NCAA 08 for the following reasons.." (or vice versa) ..and someone's feelings are hurt by that who likes the other product...

..So what?

People's opinions don't have to match.

Seriously, are we all that EMO & sensitive? If we are, it's shrink time, folks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #32
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I find that the 2K fans almost always point to particular aspects of the game that make it better than another. They talk in specifics with concrete examples. I rarely hear a juvenile remark from a 2K fan.

You mean stuff like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen1
How about playing with the Greatest Football Legends of All-time? The Presentation is still a 1000 miles better then NCAA 08 and I know Madden 08 won’t be in the same ball park either. I feel APF has to be marketed differently. This game is for HARDCORE gamers and should be marketed as such. A game that combines strategy, wit, execution and skill to get a win. A chess match of the gridiron!! Let the other game market to the 12 & 13 year old kiddies with flashy graphics. APF has to find its niche and once it does (and it will) I feel it will be very very successful for VC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
A true gamer keeps it real and plays that game which closely resembles the real sport the video game is attempting to immulate. If you say with a straight face (or finger in this case) that madden closely resembles nfl football, the kind you see on sundays, then i seriously would question any credibility you attempt to claim. If you say that you like the style of play that madden provides, which is pretty much arcade style football, then I could relate to what you say better. It seems to me that you are a ea gamer, rather than a true football gamer, therein lies your problem and the source of your misguidance.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »