Home

I think its time for a divorce from EA football

This is a discussion on I think its time for a divorce from EA football within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #49
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Re: I think its time for a divorce from EA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Thanks for proving my point. Geez. Fell for it...hook, line and sinker. This is exactly what I mean........

P.S. Your post sounded kinda personal, Toots...
This is what happens when you don't have a comeback

Next.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #50
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
The reason why you see less APF talk in the EA Football game threads is simple. For the last 2+ years all of the 2K fans have had to play has been EA games. Their company of choice was forced out of the market by EA with the exclusivity agreements they signed. So for that stretch of time when there was NO 2K football product to play we HAD to play Madden and NCAA by default, if you wanted to play the latest football games on the market.

But even when NFL 2K5 was out and before then, 2K people were in the EA forums. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Quote:
On the flip side, A LOT of EA supporters, really don't like to even give 2K Sports football a serious try, nor have they been FORCED to even pick the game up and give it a looksee. So the end result is that the conversation generally focuses on comparing this year's EA Sports products with the previous year's.

Ok, but if that is how those people feel, not giving 2K football a look, then let them be that way.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #51
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

All I know is this:
If Gears of War, the next Halo, and Rainbow Six:Vegas released with the huge amount of latency, button lag, disconnects, and general online problems that NCAA 08 has, the forums for those respective games would have equated villagers with torches.

But, I guess certain people's expectations have been drastically lowered with other products.

But with NCAA 08 fans, "Just play it offline, not online" seems to be an adequate answer.

That says a ton.

Make your own conclusions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 11

blah blah blah.

bottom line is people need to stop treating these games like they are their own kids. People just can't understand why one person enjoys or hates a game while you can have a complete opposite opinion. And why in the hell do people get attacked jsut becasue they dont like the game. LOL.

I wanted to know which store gave the most money for a trade-in and its automatically assumed that i am bashing the game. And the Troll names and fanboys start flying. ?are you kidding me?. Not knowing Y i am trading the game in you all assume that someone is bashing YOUR game and you need to come out in defense. Let go. Everyone doesn't need to like the same game you like.

BUT WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU NEED TO MAKE A POST ABOUT EA FOOTBALL IN A 2K FORUM BOGGLES MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you cannot be that naive...lol

Last edited by arseniotall; 07-26-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #53
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
But, I guess certain people's expectations have been drastically lowered with other products.
Not meaning to single out EA specifically, but they've benefited from releasing poor products imo. People expect the games to be worse, and when those expectations are exceeded, they're more appreciative. Look at the Live/NBA2K7 discussions going on - Live was dreadful, but people are appreciative that it's at least heading in the right direction. While expectations for NBA2K8 are to the point where some people are actually disappointed when those expectations aren't met. If both games progressed at the same percentage, Live would be looked at as having gotten better, while 2K8 would be looked at as a disappointment. I don't understand the logic

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
This is what happens when you don't have a comeback

Next.
(-_-)zzzzz........(0_0)you say someting....
Old 07-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
All I know is this:
If Gears of War, the next Halo, and Rainbow Six:Vegas released with the huge amount of latency, button lag, disconnects, and general online problems that NCAA 08 has, the forums for those respective games would have equated villagers with torches.

But with NCAA 08 fans, "Just play it offline, not online" seems to be an adequate answer.

That says a ton.

Make your own conclusions.
Nice broad generalization. There are alot of NCAA fans dissapointed with the poor online play at the moment, way more than the "Just play it offline" crew you are referring to. Go to VGsports or MaddenWorldSyndicate for your proof.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #56
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
But even when NFL 2K5 was out and before then, 2K people were in the EA forums. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Ok, but if that is how those people feel, not giving 2K football a look, then let them be that way.
Bottom line is that 2K Sports is the "alternative" in the football gaming world. They are the exception to the rule, which is EA by default. So in situations such as these, people tend to compare the "exception" to the "rule". This is true now, as it was true back when 2K5 was released.

Last edited by ausar72; 07-26-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »