Home

OK - how many people have you talked into buying APF2K8?

This is a discussion on OK - how many people have you talked into buying APF2K8? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #33
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: OK - how many people have you talked into buying APF2K8?

I bought 3 copies, 2 on 360 and 1 on PS3....

I encouraged only about 9 friends to buy it, and they all did...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong

Also, Its been a week since the games release, I do find it odd that some people who do not like the game continue to post in the AP2K8 forum.
See also, spamming.

Funny that all the boohooers on this forum with like 150-200 posts are all picking on the lack of features and saying that the anims are all its got going.

Ultimately, though, animation is what allows for gameplay. Ultimately, all gameplay systems are directly hinged on the anims they can play, and how they are triggered. It's why tackling, blocking, and d-line play are all so compelling in All-Pro.

At any rate...I haven't talked anyone into a buy, but have given feedback on the game to at least 5 of my friends, who made up their own damned minds to take the plunge.

;-)
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
No one said anyone could NOT post their dislike. I questioned why are people who obviously hate the game 7 days later still reading every thread like they cant get enough ? Whats not to understand ? Show me the statement that where I said there is a clock on it and you cant post anymore.

Anyone can state their dislike till their blue in the face. When you see people making the same points over and over again for 7 days at what point do you go from state your dislike to trolling ? Also since you are worried about people 2 weeks from now missing the "Why I dont like 2K posts" dont you think they should be reading those posts from many different people, not the same 5 ?
I aint feeling NCAA 08 at the moment but i dont feel the need to go in that forum and post for 7 days the same reasons over and over again why I dont like NCAA 08. The thing is and I am sure moste will agree here, is if I did do that, wouldnt one of you mods be calling me out as some sort of biased fanboy, or "I have a agenda" or something.

Here is where you stated that people shouldnt post negative comments after a week:

"Also, Its been a week since the games release, I do find it odd that some people who do not like the game continue to post in the AP2K8 forum."

I dont think it can be stated any clearer than that. Regarding your other points, you need to take a step outside of the APF forums once in a while. Plenty of people consistently post their dislike of Madden and NCAA every day. I find it sad that people here are so concerned about this game that they feel the need to quell anyone who has a negative opinion about the game. As for trolling, we warn and reprimand users regularly in the 2k and EA threads for trolling so dont try to make it like we are favoring one company over the other.

Finally, Its not the same 5 people who dislike or have issues with the game. There a bunch of users who have issues or dislike the game but they are hesitant to post anything in this forum because the "usual suspects" jump all over someone who has a negative view of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #36
All Star

OVR: 21

I can't wait to see how the tolerance level is when Madden comes out

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #37
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I can.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The same as it always has been. Ive been here for almost 7 yrs and none of the mods treat games different when it comes to modding. But honestly, who cares? There are people here (you included) who believe we prefer EA and protect their games from negative comments. There are others who think OS is a 2k fansite where the staff, mods and posters think that 2k can do no wrong. We will just keep doing what we do and modding the way we see fit. Its worked for years so why should we change it.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #39
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The same as it always has been. Ive been here for almost 7 yrs and none of the mods treat games different when it comes to modding. But honestly, who cares? There are people here (you included) who believe we prefer EA and protect their games from negative comments. There are others who think OS is a 2k fansite where the staff, mods and posters think that 2k can do no wrong. We will just keep doing what we do and modding the way we see fit. Its worked for years so why should we change it.
I got the impression he meant the OS membership as a whole, not the mods. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I got the impression he meant the OS membership as a whole, not the mods. Maybe I'm wrong.
If he meant the membership, then I take back what I say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »