Home

Finally a game that gets shutdown corners right

This is a discussion on Finally a game that gets shutdown corners right within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #33
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Finally a game that gets shutdown corners right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Hard to prove or disprove this. Bailey doesn't get beat too often. Last time I can remember is Jerry Porter in the snow game couple of years ago. Sanders was a once in a life time talent. Sure he was a light tackler, but he sure didn't have to do it much, besides corners aren't designed as tackling beasts. Sanders also returned punts, and not too shabbily. No, I wasn't arguing that Bailey was better than Sanders, but right now, he is as good as there is. I wish Sanders was in this game.
T.O. smoked Champ when he was with the eagles. game was at denver. man coverage, one on one. simple toss from McNabb to T.O. at the line of scrimmage and as Champ came in to pursuit, T.O. juked him out of his shoes and cruised in for a 60 something yard TD. sure, Champ can cover....but tackling is another story. he is subpar at his position in that regards.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
T.O. smoked Champ when he was with the eagles. game was at denver. man coverage, one on one. simple toss from McNabb to T.O. at the line of scrimmage and as Champ came in to pursuit, T.O. juked him out of his shoes and cruised in for a 60 something yard TD. sure, Champ can cover....but tackling is another story. he is subpar at his position in that regards.
Champ was injured that game I believe and for most of that season. Anyway saying he can't tackle shows you know absolutely nothing about Champ.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Champ was injured that game, BUT, Chad Johnson Did smoke Champ in Sunday Night ESPN game a few years back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
As I've said before, you better be careful when throwing to a Silver or Gold corner.
Lester Hayes is my favorite
Old 07-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #37
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
All of the great corners get beat every once in a while. Champ had a bad game. Doesn't knock him down as one of the all time great cornerbacks.

I can remember Rod Woodson in his prime getting smoked by Sterling Sharpe in a Steelers/Packers game in 1993. Deion had his moments. I can remember early in Deion's career how Jerry Rice used to abused him. And even in his prime, I can remember a game in 1994 when Sanders was playing for the 49ers how Flipper Anderson gave Deion the buisness in that game. AND DEION WON DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR THAT SEASON!

And has far as tackling goes, Deion couldn't tackle my grandma. BUT he was a superior cover corner. Which still makes him one of the greatest.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #38
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Champ can cover....but tackling is another story. he is subpar at his position in that regards.
I disagree. Besides, every corner will give up something somtime, some more than others. Goes to show you how good he is when only single examples are used.

I am not going to argue to the death about how good or not Bailey is. For what the Broncos have had the past many years, he is pretty darn good. However, Bailey at times appears to have given up a completion when he was actually in a zone coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »