Home

Should 2K sports release a patch, what are the top three things that need to be fixed

This is a discussion on Should 2K sports release a patch, what are the top three things that need to be fixed within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #41
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Should 2K sports release a patch, what are the top three things that need to be f

The only thing I'd like to see is to fix the duplicate numbers. Generic players shouldn't have the same numbers as each other, or the legends - and legends that wore multiple numbers during their career should be able to switch. Jack Tatum should get a choice of 31 or 32, Joe Montana should have 16 or 19, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 AM   #42
fishstick

OVR:
Re: Should 2K sports release a patch, what are the top three things that need to be f

Autostrafe needs to be off

dup numbers stink

generics always changing names stinks

need WEATHER options online badly

fix challenge bug so outcome matches verbage

option for no accelerated clock in custom games, tourney and leagues

put back d linemen shifts to left/right/pinch/spread?

defense catching up to break away instead of break away runner slowly tiring

twice ive been the punting team, dove at the ground/ball after it landed and bumped it back another ten yards and it was not downed until one of the CPU guys came up and 'touched' the ball.

spin camera around on punts sooner

lag in play calling menus. partially caused by unneeded special effects but also some issue that if you go into a formation and then back out to pick something else it takes two clicks to move up/down/left/right to the next formation

bring back the old 2K5 lobby where a players card (with wins losses drops fav team etc) is all show when they challenge wihtout having to jump through a bunch of hoops by which time the challenger has moved on

take the limit off created players (and teams for that matter).

let me play as the CPU teams or other games in the season mode

if I turn off the ticker then get rid of the black bar as well and give me a little screen space back so I can read my HBs name/fatigue/button assignment

Allow people to upload their reelmaker vids to the website - I'd actually buy this if possible.

Give us some more uniforms as DLC - more different strip configs, helmets with horns, number on helmet instead of logo and do this for free

Give us more stadiums or more legends as DLC - I would buy this

Last edited by fishstick; 07-27-2007 at 01:14 AM.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:13 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
1. Fix the broken WR routes that are in the game

2. Fix the 3-4 fronts so that the dline shifts as it was supposed to

3. Tweak the momentum of manually controlled defenders so that they don't take 3 steps when I gently nudge the joystick
nailed it. also, a boost in frame rate online would be nice.
3-4 cover 2 soft zone doesn't work period.

Call it vs a 3 wr set and the ILB dropping back deep immediately runs to the slot WR, leaving the middle completely open. THis + bad aligntments/fronts = broken formation.

Last edited by dunelly; 07-27-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:05 AM   #44
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm playing a season as the americans right now. I would like it if the default team of the americans did not get stats without playing any games.

2. It seems very hard to outrun defenders

3. I would love a draft at the beginning of the season instead of default teams.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 11

i agree we need to be able to edit more. But to the people playing all created teams i think they are at a disadvantage despite being 7ft tall. Created players are at a disadvantage to the legends flat out. I play with an all created team and cant win (no 7 footers). Playing a team of created players against a team of created players is actually a very sim experience. Moreso than with the legends in my opinion. It would be dope if someone started an all created team league with maybe each person recreating a nfl team. That would be interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #46
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I hate the menu screens. I think its bugged. When you exit a game you cannot go to manage a team menu from the main menu until you have picked another game option first. Its kinda weird.

The online lobby is boring.
Yeah not sure how that menu thing got through testing... Crazy no one found that.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #47
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick
Autostrafe needs to be off

dup numbers stink

generics always changing names stinks

need WEATHER options online badly

fix challenge bug so outcome matches verbage

option for no accelerated clock in custom games, tourney and leagues

put back d linemen shifts to left/right/pinch/spread?

defense catching up to break away instead of break away runner slowly tiring

twice ive been the punting team, dove at the ground/ball after it landed and bumped it back another ten yards and it was not downed until one of the CPU guys came up and 'touched' the ball.

spin camera around on punts sooner

lag in play calling menus. partially caused by unneeded special effects but also some issue that if you go into a formation and then back out to pick something else it takes two clicks to move up/down/left/right to the next formation

bring back the old 2K5 lobby where a players card (with wins losses drops fav team etc) is all show when they challenge wihtout having to jump through a bunch of hoops by which time the challenger has moved on

take the limit off created players (and teams for that matter).

let me play as the CPU teams or other games in the season mode

if I turn off the ticker then get rid of the black bar as well and give me a little screen space back so I can read my HBs name/fatigue/button assignment

Allow people to upload their reelmaker vids to the website - I'd actually buy this if possible.

Give us some more uniforms as DLC - more different strip configs, helmets with horns, number on helmet instead of logo and do this for free

Give us more stadiums or more legends as DLC - I would buy this
Nicely done!!! I cosign
Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #48
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRaizer
1. Editing generic players. Not stats obviously, but names and numbers I'd like to see.

2. Being able to use the computer teams.

3. Being able to play against one of your teams offline, meaning that the computer uses one of your created teams so you can see how they play.

Wish Generics had faces and attributes so that the depth chart would be meaningful and give your teams more personality. In 2K5 I loved moving the depth chart around based on the attributes of my players. Now all the generics have no ratings and not even faces... makes depth chart useless... 2K really missed the boat on that one.

I think bronze players should all have 2 attributes, silver 3 and gold at least 4. Generics should all get one at least to give them a personality...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »