Home

Approach no NFL license like Madden Did

This is a discussion on Approach no NFL license like Madden Did within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Approach no NFL license like Madden Did

why do you guys want a fake wanna be nfl game so darn bad . let it go .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
why do you guys want a fake wanna be nfl game so darn bad . let it go .
That line of thinking rarely moves anything forward. I simply want options. I'm not complaining about the game. This isn't a "This Game Sucks" thread. This is simply a suggestion on a simple change Visual Concepts could implement which (since it is user-edited) has no legal ramifications (thank you very much). I love it how when someone comes on this site and posts their ideas, others take great joy in posting wise-@ss retorts that do nothing to spur on intellectual conversation regarding the original thread topic.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:18 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 47

Wow that is where it all started for me the genesis and Madden. I remember seeing it and buying that system that day. I wonder if I never bought it would I still be into video games like I am today! lol
Old 07-30-2007, 05:02 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 28

It just isn't feasible for the game as it stands now to be able to "recreate" the NFL. First, that would mean breaking the balance that is now in the game. Some teams have to be more powerful than others and the way this game is developed users can't do that. How could you regulate something like that? Say they gave everyone the ability to make NFL teams, how would you have one team be the Chiefs and another be the Colts?

This would break the game in it's current format and would just be "un-doable" online. Ok lets say some arbitrary point system is used to create teams. You're given a thousand points max to create a team. Some Indy fan uses all 1000 to create the Colts and it works, now the next guy, a Raiders fan, gets the same 1000 points to create his team (after all the computer doesn't know he wants the create the Raiders, or at least it better not know because that IS grounds for a lawsuit) so what's the Raiders fan supposed to do? Leave a good 500 points sitting on the board unused? Do you REALLY think someone is going to leave half their create a team points in limbo?

I like the game just like it is. Everybody gets the same starting point and it's up to you to create your squad. No bitching, no crying. You made the squad so work them or make another.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:14 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 14

I like the idea of using legends myself. I think if it had both people wouldn't use the legends. The thing is this doesnt make everyone happy and it isnt going to appeal to everyone. Some peopel just want real teams. Me I'm not one of them. If I want real teams I'll play Madden and that game is there for that. This game brings something else which I like. I just think 2k needs to do more with and add even more legends and create a sudo/real league for these legends to play in. They've done that to some extent creating various stadiums and such but they really need to take it to the next level and create franchise and have a real league concept and run with it. Have like fake broadcasters and shows with a lot of personality and stuff and make it really fun that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »