Home

Would using hurry-up/no huddle all game with a Bills team be cheese?

This is a discussion on Would using hurry-up/no huddle all game with a Bills team be cheese? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Would using hurry-up/no huddle all game with a Bills team be cheese?

Just thought I'd throw this out and see what bites I get. Running a hurry-up/no-huddle offense all game would be considered cheese by most people. But what if you were using a team based around the Bills legends, who used that offense to make it to 4 straight Super Bowls? Since All Pro is supposed to be a sim, would it be considered cheese to play this team like its real life counterpart?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Would using hurry-up/no huddle all game with a Bills team be cheese?

Man, I'm not really sure. But, is the no huddle in this game REALLY that similar to what teams run as a hurry up normal offense? No not at all.

The no huddle in this game is similar to what teams do in the last minute or two of a game. As soon as the play is over running to the line again.

There is a difference, in my opinion. You don't see teams that run a no huddle offense go that fast.

And it's more annoying that anything. The point is to have fun, don't annoy the crap out of the other person by doing this.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRaizer
Just thought I'd throw this out and see what bites I get. Running a hurry-up/no-huddle offense all game would be considered cheese by most people. But what if you were using a team based around the Bills legends, who used that offense to make it to 4 straight Super Bowls? Since All Pro is supposed to be a sim, would it be considered cheese to play this team like its real life counterpart?

When was the last time you watched any Bills team run hurry up every play in a game?

Does that help?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Generally, I think it is. The reason is that the game doesn't give you the chance to gameplan defensively for something like that. You can have a few defensive audibles, but that's about it. If you have 4 defensive backs on the field but want 5, you're screwed.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Any form of no huddle in this game, outside of a fe random times and the end of halfs and games, is totally cheese. If I see a guy do this within the first minute of a game, I gurantee you he will go for it on 4th and 8 from his twenty.

Problem is, he probably has OJ, and he will just no huddle ram him down your throat and eventually score.

Only form of cheese in this game that i have deemed to be effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

The hurry up offense is there because its in real football. Payton Manning, Carson Palmer and Tom Brady uses it from time to time to keep teams from making subs to keep certain match-ups. Although you don't sub that often in videogames. Besides it does it automatically in videogames so the hurry up in videogames isn't quite the same as in real life.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Any form of no huddle in this game, outside of a fe random times and the end of halfs and games, is totally cheese. If I see a guy do this within the first minute of a game, I gurantee you he will go for it on 4th and 8 from his twenty.

Problem is, he probably has OJ, and he will just no huddle ram him down your throat and eventually score.

Only form of cheese in this game that i have deemed to be effective.
I don't consider it cheese because you might have called the wrong defense for that play and they want to run that again w/o you maybe calling the right defense. Most of the time you see what they see and when they go hurry-up you just audible into something that will cover that play. Or at least thats what I do.

Cheese is when its 4th and 8 on their own 20. Unless they're behind in the 4th qtr with time running out and they need a score to tie or win.

Cheese is when you go for 2 points and aren't behind. Its not cheese if you go for 2 points because the other person is good at blocking PATs. I'm not just going to sit there and let someone block all my PATs all game just to say I played sim. I actually had that happen too.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

I don't care about the hurry up, running the same play, any of that stuff.

The only 'cheese' thing that I am aware of in this game (so far) that would drive me nuts is if someone would ever use the FG Block glitch against me. That is indefensible, everything else I can at least do something to counteract the 'potentially non-sim' behavior.

No huddle all you want, I'd just hope you would punt occasionally when 4th down comes around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »