Home

1 HUGE problem with this game

This is a discussion on 1 HUGE problem with this game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #25
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 1 HUGE problem with this game

Thank You guys for the LAUGH at the "ROMOed" comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
With every team having a legend QB, stats are going to be inflated. Another reason that Franchise and Legends just don't seem to mix.
Yup.

Go into the team stats and look at first downs in the simulated games - most teams are in the range of 20-30 after the first week, and a few even break 30. That many first downs in a game is almost unheard of in the NFL - You're barely even looking at a 3rd down ATTEMPT with that many firsts. That's what you call incredible offense, the type that only a bunch of legendary players like this can provide.

But for this game, as the other guy said, we have no real life to compare this to - so who's to say the games wouldn't end up like that? As long as I can get my team's stats looking somewhat like the simulated totals, I'm happy.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

The bad snaps annoy me too. I've had several kicks blocked due to a wayward snap. I mean, the holder catches it, it just takes him forever to get the ball down. Happens a bit too often.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

In my 20 or so games played, I've only had maybe 1 or 2 really badly botched snaps, but otherwise they've been fine. Had a few slow ones, but they never screwed me up.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:07 AM   #29
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I gotta say I'm not liking the inflated stats either.

My stats seem to be fairly on par with the QB I'm using. After 10 games in the season, I'm at like 60% passing, using Jeff Hostetler. Meanwhile, Warren Moon is at 90%. On the ground I've got Marcus Allen averaging 3.9 per carry, while Sanders & Campbell are above 6. Dīckinson only had a 5.6 in his record setting year. So, I'm really hoping that the guys that are over 6 will get dropped down a bit in the last few games here, but I'm doubting it.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #30
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12
Talking Re: 1 HUGE problem with this game

The first real bad snap I had was about a week ago.

I was playing on the same team with my buddy and the CPU was punting. The center snapped the ball over Ray Guy's head and my friend and I gave each other a "WTF?!" look and started cracking up. As soon as I turn back to the screen I see Ray Guy has picked up the ball and is tearing through defenders and breaking ankles left and right. As it turns out, Ray Guy ran for about an 80yd TD!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #31
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I had a bad snap with Ray Guy myself but it was against an opponent online and he did something quite amazing. Well because of the bad snap the rush was headed where I was directionally kicking it and they were coming hard and were gonna block it since Guy had to readjust himself off the bad snap. However Guy instead of kicking it in the direction I pointed him too and getting blocked, he turns the other way and kicks it to avoid getting blocked!

However that is not all though. When he does turn the other way to kick in that direction, it does not go there. First off I wanted to punt right, the bad snap came and he readjusted then proceeded to punt the ball left to avoid the rush, but then the ball came off his foot and went right. Almost as if he shanked it but he didn't shank it it came out as though it was a regularly hit hard Ray Guy coffin corner punt.

That was so wierd!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #32

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I can handle the bad snaps, Im having a difficult time getting into the game anymore. I had a defensive oriented team that did well until Rypien went down and thats all they wrote for them. Now I have a team with a little more offense, ie. Barry and Montana and we cant run the ball to save our lives while Ricky Watters has run for over 200 yards against me in the first half alone. I just cant seem to find that happy medium and no team I put together can excel at much of anything, although I will admit that my defensive oriented team did stop the CPU pretty well, until of course Sanders juked my entire team for 3 TD's in the first quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »