Home

Just had to say...

This is a discussion on Just had to say... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Just had to say...

I know you guys aren't all complaining. This is just geared towards those that are, here and elsewhere.

I find this hilarious. Really, I find this completely humorous and entertaining in every way. For the past three years, no talk of football was complete without mention of how fantastic 2K5 was. And no talk of 2K5 was complete without mention of how amazing it would be if they made a new one. People were so completely in favor of a new 2K Football game, I even saw petitions - ONLINE-freakin-PETITIONS - to 2K getting them to start developing a game. Any game! "We don't even care if it's not with real players!" cried the fans. "We don't care if it's CFL! Or even if it's European teams! How about just generic teams? Give us faceless, nameless, sprites like in the Genesis days, but for the love of anything and everything holy, GIVE US NEW 2K FOOTBALL!!"

And so... the forces that be sat up, took notice, and began to listen. And rather than say, "We don't need sales, why the hell should we develop a new football game?", they started coming up with a way around the licensing problem. And they did. Going against all logic and reason, after more than a decade of sports games requiring at the very least an official license to even be considered more than a joke, ignoring all precedent they actually entertained the notion of creating an unlicensed football game. The reputation of 2K football games could have been tarnished, at least temporarily, if this had failed. But customers were so convinced that even an unlicensed 2K football game would be better than its competitor, that it went ahead and made the game anyway. And people went nuts in anticipation.

And now, I repeat, I find it completely humorous and entertaining in every way to hear things like, 'We DEMAND a patch!', and 'How dare you release this filth!' or 'What do you think the 3 most important things that need to be fixed by a patch are?'... as though it were a foregone conclusion that a request for a patch will even be considered. And in anticipation of the person who's gonna reply to this by saying that he 'shouldn't have to deal with this crap when I pay $60 for a game', I'd like to remind you ahead of time that nobody forced you to buy this crap in the first place. You didn't HAVE to buy this game. And 2KSports is not responsible for your need to have an alternative to Madden. As others have suggested, you COULD have rented it. And I hate to break it to you, but barring some exceptions (as there inevitably are to every rule) if you can afford a 360, you can probably afford a Gamefly membership and you can rent the game before you buy it.

"Yeah, but when a developer says they're gonna do this and says they're gonna do that and then I go and pay hard earned money expecting that, then that constitutes false advertising"... well boo-hoo, let me get you a tissue. If your money is so hard earned, and 60 dollars is really that big of an expense for you then that's perfectly fine. I'm certainly not rich so I understand that. But I believe it begs the question - Is there perhaps something more important that you should be spending those hard earned 60 dollars on? - doesn't it?

Be disappointed with the game, that's fine. Be upset that it didn't meet expectations, I'll understand your point too. But to demand things and crap on the developers over a game is just plain spoiled. No offense.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 07-30-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Just had to say...

Are people really disapointed with this game? It seems like the majority are pretty thrilled with it. I can understand why franchise wasn't incorporated because of the legends thing it would take a lot of work to create a league with legends offline. Next year hopefully. What they did it seems like they did right for the most part.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Another pointless thread IMO!!!

So what if people complain about the gameplay or features? At least they are contributing into something getting fixed in the future. If people complained more often, I'm sure it would get noticed by the devs and addressed in the next series. I don't see what's wrong with that?

By the way, I see you're into music I think, "Tinpanalley".
NO! I will not change this until Lakers get to Western Conference Finals!!! Friday, Oct 13, 2006 (It is raining hard) 8:14pm 30sec (Check)

NO! I will not change this Until Lakers Are 2008-2009 Champs! Friday, Oct 3, 2008
(Check)
Old 07-30-2007, 02:40 AM   #4
MVP

I'm sorry that you think the thread is pointless. I just think grievances with a game are best expressed in a constructive way which is not always how people put it. Didn't mean to waste anyone's time with my thoughts. Just trying to contribute to the forum.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:51 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I'm sorry that you think the thread is pointless. I just think grievances with a game are best expressed in a constructive way which is not always how people put it. Didn't mean to waste anyone's time with my thoughts. Just trying to contribute to the forum.
Ok, I think I went overboard with my previous comments, sorry about that, I didn't mean to come out on you like that.

I was just saying that people should complain because it helps provide better future thoughts on what the game should play like although people can be dead wrong at times.

Thats all.
NO! I will not change this until Lakers get to Western Conference Finals!!! Friday, Oct 13, 2006 (It is raining hard) 8:14pm 30sec (Check)

NO! I will not change this Until Lakers Are 2008-2009 Champs! Friday, Oct 3, 2008
(Check)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 03:00 AM   #6
MVP

No problem. I agree with you that people can complain. It's just the what and how that I find funny.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:04 AM   #7
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

There are what, a few those demand post out of the hundreds praising the game? As a game developer i would love those odds. So because 2k did us a favor in making a game it makes it that we don't have a right to make complaints even how unwarranted they are? Let's not forget that there post Thanking the developers in making this game, how often do you see that?

There are going to be complaints about the littlest thing no matter what. If there weren't these type of complaints, then it is either the most perfect game ever created or no one is playing it.

What makes 2k better than any sports developer, is that they listen to their customers. So if anything, they want us to complain to make them better so they can match up with their competitor.

NBA live used to the #1 basketball game, but 2k took over that with better gameplay and unique player abilities and animations. I've been on this board many years and it took pages of complaing to get NBA 2k7 to be the best basketball ever created.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:13 AM   #8
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

This thread has been done to death. It's been buried, we've held the service, we've said our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »