Home

Why Such Low Reviews?

This is a discussion on Why Such Low Reviews? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Why Such Low Reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfxtw
It's a good game, but is missing so much you can't give it more then a 5 or 6. There is no franchise mode, there are bugs, and this game needed a lot more planning and things before it came out, it seems like they rushed an unfinished version just to make some money off all you 2k fan boys.
If this game is a 5 or 6 Madden rates about 2(1.7). And since when do you give a "good" game a 5 or 6? I think most of the reviewers have visions of Halo 3 in their head, and are not hardcore fans, otherwise their enthusiasm alone would drive their score up.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #10
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
If this game is a 5 or 6 Madden rates about 2(1.7). And since when do you give a "good" game a 5 or 6? I think most of the reviewers have visions of Halo 3 in their head, and are not hardcore fans, otherwise their enthusiasm alone would drive their score up.
giving a 2 to a game that isn't out yet? hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
giving a 2 to a game that isn't out yet? hmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmm...I'm obviously talking about previous editions of Madden(did I say Madden '08?), which have pretty much been the same the last few years. Yes, I've played them, worst yet I've bought them. Besides., the 1.7 is based on APF being a 5 or 6 so the Madden score is closer to a 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
Because game reviewers can't handle how awesome this game is.

They give it low scores as an act of exhibiting dominance over it, basically. Because it scares them with how good and how real it is. Giving it a low score is their only weapon to retaliate against the game for the many sleepless nights it has given them, lying awake with eyes wide open in a pool of cold sweat, wrapped in the constant and unshakable fear of how freaking awesome this game is.

Post of the year.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

Post of the year.
Could be the post of the decade.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by docblayze
It seems almost as if many reputable publications (e.g., Gamespot, IGN, 1UP, etc.) disregarded the game's overwhelming--and somewhat revolutionary--strengths, instead focusing almost solely on its deficiencies.
I can't say there's anything in the game that seems revolutionary. It's 2K5 with upgraded game play and graphics, more animations, and a boatload of missing features. I don't think it deserves the 6.5-type scores it's been getting, but it certainly doesn't deserve more than an 8, IMO. The game feels terribly incomplete and barely an upgrade from last-gen, and that's really pretty unacceptable when all is said and done.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I can't say there's anything in the game that seems revolutionary. It's 2K5 with upgraded graphics, more animations, and a boatload of missing features. I don't think it deserves the 6.5-type scores it's been getting, but it certainly doesn't deserve more than an 8, IMO. The game feels terribly incomplete and barely an upgrade from last-gen, and that's really pretty unacceptable when all is said and done.
The Legends concept barely gets mentioned when people critique the game or the fact that the game engine and AI are better than 2K5. Put a "Truck Stick" in Madden and people are cheering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
The Legends concept barely gets mentioned when people critique the game or the fact that the game engine and AI are better than 2K5.
True. And I like the game and I see the improvement in game play etc. Still, there is so much in the game that sticks out as poorly done, unfinished or simply missing. I can certainly understand why some reviewers and gamers might only see the negatives.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »