Home

Why Such Low Reviews?

This is a discussion on Why Such Low Reviews? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Why Such Low Reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I can't say there's anything in the game that seems revolutionary. It's 2K5 with upgraded game play and graphics, more animations, and a boatload of missing features. I don't think it deserves the 6.5-type scores it's been getting, but it certainly doesn't deserve more than an 8, IMO. The game feels terribly incomplete and barely an upgrade from last-gen, and that's really pretty unacceptable when all is said and done.
IMO, All-Pro's gameplay is significantly better than 2k5's. If you have both (I do), try playing them back-to-back; the improvements will be obvious. This alone should allow it to earn great reviews from major publications and gamers alike.

After playing All-Pro, all other football games just feel stale, lifeless, and old.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 47

Well, having no franchise kill this game for the franchise geeks out there! lol Me, I love this game and it is such a great game of football, but really sucks to think that if that deal never went down, this would be their 3rd year. Just imagine want this game would be.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

If 2k adds Madden Cards, Mini-Games, and Franchise it will get 10s. Honestly I said before the game came out that I would miss Franchise mode. But really I rarely continue my second season. I end up playing the first season over again cause I don't like the real rosters getting changed. However I do understand that there are Franchise heads out there that love it, so 2K should make an all generic player franchise mode for them. Though they should make it fully customizable. From the amount of teams in the league to each players name. Give the players full control of everything having to do with franchise.

Also JayBee74 John From Cincinnati is a great show. Sunday nights in HBO are great. I watch all three: John From Cincinnati, Flight of The Conchords, and Entourage.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by x south x
they should make it fully customizable. From the amount of teams in the league to each players name. Give the players full control of everything having to do with franchise.
I can accept and even understand the lack of customization/franchise. But what I can’t accept is this: I can create 8 teams, yet I’m unable to play against any of them as CPU teams, even in exhibition mode, unless I go out and buy another controller.

That is epitome of lazy game design, or anal game design, or incompetent game design – I can’t decide which. And it’s the sort of thing that explains in part why this game is getting such low review scores.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:27 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by docblayze
After playing All-Pro, all other football games just feel stale, lifeless, and old.
I have to disagree here. Obviously that statement isn’t true for the majority of gamers who play EA’s football games. And I played 2K5 a few hours ago, after having played APF the past couple of days. I have to say I still enjoy 2K5 more – much more, actually. It’s actually APF that strikes me as oddly lifeless in many ways, certainly compared to fullness and depth of 2K5. Sure, APF’s game play is a step up. But other than that, it feels like an empty shell of a game – a game that might have been released a couple of years ago, or a game that’s still a year away from ‘next-gen’ and from being finished.

When all is said and done, APF falls into the same category as two other first-attempt next-gen football games that fell short in both the game development and review score departments: Madden 06 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2007.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 03:10 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont care what reviews it got. This game is everything I expected it to be. The gameplay online is so good... its like real football, if you know the game, you can do well. Although im still waiting to find some cheesers. Luckily nothing major yet.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by docblayze
After having a BLAST playing a number of games of All-Pro 2K8 on the 360 (both online and offline), reading various reviews of the game, and browsing this message board, I have come to the conclusion that there is a significant dichotomy between professional reviews and gamers' impressions.

It seems almost as if many reputable publications (e.g., Gamespot, IGN, 1UP, etc.) disregarded the game's overwhelming--and somewhat revolutionary--strengths, instead focusing almost solely on its deficiencies. The fact that the juggernaut competitors' game is garnering better overall reviews only intensifies my curiosity.

Why, in your opinion, is this game receiving such [relatively] weak reviews?
Because they are big companies who are getting paid to advertise certain competitors games. They dont really want to "hurt" the others feelings and lose business.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:28 AM   #24
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

Post of the year.
Nevermind... Not worth it.

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 08-02-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »