Home

Am I being scouted by the CPU? (Season Mode)

This is a discussion on Am I being scouted by the CPU? (Season Mode) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Am I being scouted by the CPU? (Season Mode)

I was just pm-ing another member about this very thing, and though I haven't played a full season offline, I have noticed that the AI in offline games vs. the CPU is incredibly intelligent and adaptive with regard to your playcalling strategies. It sounds like this takes place not just over the course of a game, but over the course of a season, which is INCREDIBLE! Coupled with the fatigue factor, I think this could be one of the most challenging and rewarding aspects of an otherwise limited offline component--it's probably the best incentive to expand your playbook and maximize your offensive talent.

Anyway, I'll curb the enthusiasm a bit and just say that my hunch is that the answer to the OP's question is "yes."
Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I was just pm-ing another member about this very thing, and though I haven't played a full season offline, I have noticed that the AI in offline games vs. the CPU is incredibly intelligent and adaptive with regard to your playcalling strategies. It sounds like this takes place not just over the course of a game, but over the course of a season, which is INCREDIBLE! Coupled with the fatigue factor, I think this could be one of the most challenging and rewarding aspects of an otherwise limited offline component--it's probably the best incentive to expand your playbook and maximize your offensive talent.

Anyway, I'll curb the enthusiasm a bit and just say that my hunch is that the answer to the OP's question is "yes."
I am thinking this is the answer to because with the whole VIP thing. This is how it was for 2k5 and I'm finding that its still there in 2k8.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

I really hope you guys are right because running has just been way too easy for me...i had to scrap earl and go with natrone means. and every game im jacking up the CPU pursuit and tackling to try and make my outside running less effective. i will love it if i start getting stuffed late in the season..

but then again, with the ability to change direction of run, motion blockers, and audible, its rare that youre ever gonna be caught runnign into the teeth of the defense unless its disguised greatly...you almost have too much control on offense! anyway i hope they are scouting me - i want to be forced to pass more..and still have a realistic runnign game (not jacking up/down all sliders)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

I have noticed the same thing, particularly with my run game.

In one season Earl was tearing down the D for 150-200 a pop, pretty soon he is just dragging *** for 75ish.

Sayers was dropping 125-175 a game, and now he manages 75ish yards only after the pass opens up the D.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

It might also be b/c as you get further into a season w/ your RB, you start developing your "money" plays that you like to run in certain situations and tend to repeat those during a game. 2K football A.I. has always been good w/ in-game adjustments and learning. I guess that goes along a little with VIP, but with different RBs you'd have different play calls mixing up your VIP. I'd suggest to just make a point of varying the play calls/formations and staying away from of a "comfort zone" as your season progresses to see how that works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »