Home

APF estimated sales - week 2

This is a discussion on APF estimated sales - week 2 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #41
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: APF estimated sales - week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
I can't decide which is worse....foisting that charade upon their fans once a year, or waiting three years between games and doing the same thing.

Man, you have been on fire the last couple of days.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 02:06 PM   #42
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I can't decide which is worse....foisting that charade upon their fans once a year, or waiting three years between games and doing the same thing.

Like coogr said, you have been on fire. I can't stop laughing.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #43
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
Well, I do remember reading threads, before the release, where there were people predicting this game to outsell Madden, so "we" might not include everyone here. In a sales thread, I think it's perfectly on topic to discuss the sales of other games to see how they compare. No one was complaining when NCAA was brought up, but as soon as the dreaded "Madden" name comes up, the defenders cry foul and feel hurt.
And those comparisons were equally stupid. APF is an unlicensed football game, that lacks features, and is full of legends that lots of people only know a handful of. All of which were known beforehand however. It's a niche game, that sells even more than it would due to it being a 2k football game. Comparing it to madden sales, NCAA sales, or even pokemon sales, is utterly stupid...as those are powerful franchises. NFL2k5 even failed to reach Madden numbers if I recall correctly. It's no shock that too many people don't rush out to buy a $60 game when it's all the things listed above, combined with horrible marketing, and released the same day as NCAA. However, it is interesting to see how quickly it dropped off from week one.

The hardcore fans bought it, and it will struggle in weekly sales until it falls into bargain bins. The sales on the ps3 were laughable, considering how bare ps3 owners' shelves are. You'd think it would have sold a little better there. The 360 fall lineup won't give it any relief, so it's done being in whatever spotlight it even had. I'll still have fun with it though.

Last edited by bkfount; 08-02-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #44
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Is 100,000 copies good? I don't know. Sports games usually have to sell more due to the huge license fees they pay. TT doesn't have to pay the NFL but they are paying 240+ legends (Andre Ware paid to have his name in the game though). A basic game would probably be happy selling 100,000 copies in two weeks. I would love to know what TT thought they were going to sell and at what number they make a profit.

I would say yes if it is true that College Hoops 2k7 only sold 200,000 copies.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #45
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

Does anyone from OS have a contact at 2K? Can someone get to the bottom of why they don't market the game well? Is it budget? Is it the marketing department? Someone over there needs to kick some booty. I know 2K is having a rought ime, but come one sell your product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #46
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
It could be worse, APF could have this type of player interaction being passed off as next gen. Must be magnets in the endzone and the Oline is wearing lead underwear.

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1130049225
Old 08-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
And those comparisons were equally stupid. APF is an unlicensed football game, that lacks features, and is full of legends that lots of people only know a handful of. All of which were known beforehand however. It's a niche game, that sells even more than it would due to it being a 2k football game. Comparing it to madden sales, NCAA sales, or even pokemon sales, is utterly stupid...as those are powerful franchises. NFL2k5 even failed to reach Madden numbers if I recall correctly. It's no shock that too many people don't rush out to buy a $60 game when it's all the things listed above, combined with horrible marketing, and released the same day as NCAA. However, it is interesting to see how quickly it dropped off from week one.

The hardcore fans bought it, and it will struggle in weekly sales until it falls into bargain bins. The sales on the ps3 were laughable, considering how bare ps3 owners' shelves are. You'd think it would have sold a little better there. The 360 fall lineup won't give it any relief, so it's done being in whatever spotlight it even had. I'll still have fun with it though.
Yup.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #48
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Can we just ignore the Madden/NCAA comments and talk about 2k?

On the same note, can we not have anymore stupid sarcastic comments constantly put into threads with victim statements?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »