Home

Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5)

This is a discussion on Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5

OJ was a great running back and a great man who showed that only with the aid of lots of money can a black man receive justice in America's court system. Gotta love the Juice. RIP Johnny C. We miss you.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #58
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Arguably one of the worst written reviews I've ever read (APF gets a 1.5 out of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Well, at least I don't hang around a forum talking negatively about a game I don't like for the past 2 weeks.And I say that with all due respect. I know you're all right guy Skerik, but don't you think it's time to move on and give up the anti 2K fight? We are not all monsters!!
I'm not talking negatively about the game, I'm talking negatively about its fanbase. I detest fanboys on either side of this console football holy war, but the Madden forums have a long way to go when that game releases to even approach the levels of hostility and madness we've seen in here the past few weeks.

That type of incivility does nobody any good, nor does blind support for a brand and vehemently attacking those who might dare to disagree with you. All games are subject to criticism, but nobody around here can deal with any and APF is treated as if it were your first born children and needs to be defended at all costs.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #59
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
I'm not talking negatively about the game, I'm talking negatively about its fanbase. I detest fanboys on either side of this console football holy war, but the Madden forums have a long way to go when that game releases to even approach the levels of hostility and madness we've seen in here the past few weeks.

That type of incivility does nobody any good, nor does blind support for a brand and vehemently attacking those who might dare to disagree with you. All games are subject to criticism, but nobody around here can deal with any and APF is treated as if it were your first born children and needs to be defended at all costs.
Blanket generalizations.

Fight the good fight sir!

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #60
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
No. 2k hasn't advertised him being in the game.
Im gonna have to disagree..they knew it would get some pub just for the fact of who O.J is and the controversy that surronds him..im sure they wouldn't advertise O.J. but just having him in the game opens it up for debate causing for people to write about it which causes more attention drawn towards the game...now from 2K's standpoint why not have more people know about the game outside of the diehards..maybe more of the public gets into it because they see OJ and then thye see the gameplay or screenshots from the game and say "wow i didn't know that there was another football game out, but these look great!".. 2K is associting them selves with O.J. football career but it's kind of dumb to think they didn't intend to bring along his personal life
Old 08-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think it only opens it up for people who are still mad that he got off, which is the stupid part. It was 12 years ago and people can't get over it. Let the man make what he can. Even if he has to give money those money grubbing people who are just as greedy IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik

That's a little strong-"detest fanboys?" I mean I detest Nazis and child predators but I think that's a little over the top. I find "fanboys" to be a little annoying, but have no reason to label them "sub human". I give APF fanboys a little more slack because they are actually behind a terrific game. I don't consider myself a fanboy.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #63
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
That's a little strong-"detest fanboys?" I mean I detest Nazis and child predators but I think that's a little over the top. I find "fanboys" to be a little annoying, but have no reason to label them "sub human". I give APF fanboys a little more slack because they are actually behind a terrific game. I don't consider myself a fanboy.
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I hate fanboys like I hate Nazis.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #64
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

LOL @ detesting fanboys. Why does everybody say their not a fanboy, and then claim they hate fanboys? If you're not a fanboy then why does it matter? Why does someone else's opinion matter to you if you're going to play whichever game you like better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »