Home

Share your ways to Promote APF

This is a discussion on Share your ways to Promote APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Share your ways to Promote APF

Since the current sales of APF is not meeting expectations I feel that VC could do some other things to get the word out about APF and in the hands of gamers everywhere. Here are some of my suggestions. I know there are others out there and you guys have good ideas as well. Maybe VC will read some of our comments and incorporate them in their marketing strategy for APF.

1. Make a real tight Demo and give it out at Baseball, Football and NASCAR Events.

2. Have some tie into Grand Thief Auto 4, (maybe a $10 dollar discount off of GTA 4 or free something if purchased by X date.

3. Have the Real Legends do special appearances at sporting events touting the game.

4. Continue to Market to the Hip-hop crowd. Having Rakim and other rappers is cool, but APF needs that street creed to make it cool to play.

5. Promote the difference in the Football games. APF should equal Hardcore, non-kiddie, Chess match, Real football game. Let the kiddies play the other games.. APF is for Real Ballers...... They need to defined that niche.

6. More commercials.....

7. Price drop in September to $49.00

The bottom line is get the word out there. It’s a great game and once people start playing it they will see. The problem is getting the game in the hands of the masses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Share your ways to Promote APF

Price drop will be a good step. I think they should make more trailers showing the game's amazing animation and making them available for easy download from the Playstation store and the Marketplace (as well as on all major gaming sites).

The idea of having the actual legends in the game promote it is cool, but might be expensive.

Edit: Basically, just market the game so people know about it. Almost everyone that I have spoken to that is just a "casual" gamer has no idea this game is even out. They should also find a way to make it known to the average joe that this game is done by the same poeple that did ESPN NFL
2K5, since 2K5 sold fairly well and was well received, but alot of buyers were first time purchasers of the franchise and won't know this one is from Visual COnvepts as well.

Last edited by tanis38; 08-03-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 30

Make the game $40 and realize it's impossible to compete with brand name games at the same price.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
I'm in here...

OVR: 7

1. Incorporate 5 year max franchise mode
  2. Let us access all teams
  3. Random uniform creation button (if it's in the game, I have not seen it)
  4. More legends and/or deeper CAP mode
  5. Re-release the game for $39.99.
  6. Include an option to get $20 off if you have purchased APF08

If that won't get the game to sell, nothing will.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
MVP

tanis38's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruPlaya
  1. Incorporate 5 year max franchise mode
  2. Let us access all teams
  3. Random uniform creation button (if it's in the game, I have not seen it)
  4. More legends and/or deeper CAP mode
  5. Re-release the game for $39.99.
  6. Include an option to get $20 off if you have purchased APF08

If that won't get the game to sell, nothing will.
I think the op meant ways to promote the current game as it is, not necessarily improvements/changes to the actual game. Although everything you mentioned is greatly needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

If 2K's marketing department is actually reading through this forum looking for ideas on how to market their game, I feel sorry for them and their fans. But regardless, I'll play along....

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen1
5. Promote the difference in the Football games. APF should equal Hardcore, non-kiddie, Chess match, Real football game. Let the kiddies play the other games.. APF is for Real Ballers...... They need to defined that niche.
I think you've hit the nail on the head right there. In fact, I propose the following commercial, to be run only during commercial breaks during NFL football games on Sundays. The screen is all black and a really loud voice (like maybe the Wizard from the Wizard of Oz) comes on and says, "You probably think you're watching real football now, don't you." And the guy watching is probably sitting there nodding his head, 'cause he's like, "I'm watching the NFL, so yeah...." Then OJ Simpson comes busting through the screen like the Kool Aid man, gets right up in the camera like he's going to actually murder you, and shouts, "WRONG, BITCH!" And then a montage of APF footage plays, to show the unsuspecting viewer that, in fact, they have not been watching real football because APF is the only one true real football.

I also propose that the following song be played, during the montage:

Real football
All Pro is real football
All the other games play fake football
All Pro is real football

(chorus, repeat 2x)
REAL FOOTBALL
REAL FOOTBALL
REAL FOOTBALL
REAL FOOTBALL

And then at the end, the APF logo is fused into an image of the Holy Grail, and then OJ spikes a football into it and there's a huge explosion.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #7
MVP

tanis38's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
If 2K's marketing department is actually reading through this forum looking for ideas on how to market their game, I feel sorry for them and their fans. But regardless, I'll play along....

I think you've hit the nail on the head right there. In fact, I propose the following commercial, to be run only during commercial breaks during NFL football games on Sundays. The screen is all black and a really loud voice (like maybe the Wizard from the Wizard of Oz) comes on and says, "You probably think you're watching real football now, don't you." And the guy watching is probably sitting there nodding his head, 'cause he's like, "I'm watching the NFL, so yeah...." Then OJ Simpson comes busting through the screen like the Kool Aid man, gets right up in the camera like he's going to actually murder you, and shouts, "WRONG, BITCH!" And then a montage of APF footage plays, to show the unsuspecting viewer that, in fact, they have not been watching real football because APF is the only one true real football.

I also propose that the following song be played, during the montage:

Real football
All Pro is real football
All the other games play fake football
All Pro is real football

(chorus, repeat 2x)
REAL FOOTBALL
REAL FOOTBALL
REAL FOOTBALL
REAL FOOTBALL

And then at the end, the APF logo is fused into an image of the Holy Grail, and then OJ spikes a football into it and there's a huge explosion.
LMAO!!! That song was gold Jerry! Gold!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
Sorry but for maximum exposure you meant to say stabs a football into the holy grail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »