Home

NO More PS3 Control Issues. PASS IT ON

This is a discussion on NO More PS3 Control Issues. PASS IT ON within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Talking NO More PS3 Control Issues. PASS IT ON

Please MODS can you sticky for PS3 Owners, this will be a great relieve to them.

My Handle is RADIX2007. I went on for the first time on-line yesterday night. Played the usual stacked defense and Randal QB and toss to Jerry on every play. If not this go to Ditka the Gold TE on every play.
The sixaxis controls were killing me. Every where I move, (if I could get the guy to run in the right direction), he would jump in the air. The strafe is also another sore point. The PS3 owners know what I'm talking about. I can't just not play defense ALA Madden.
Here is the best control method, I think even superior to 2K5. and the answer was right in front of me the whole time i was being aggravated by my on-line match ups last night.
***YOU NEED THE PS3/PS2 USB ADAPTER *** No more jerky moves using your old PS2 controller because no SIXAXIS and it controls just like it did in 2K5. I am not joking it was like night and day. I then went on to win the last 3 games. I did not even sleep yesterday, just played on through till work. The adapter is only $15.00.
I originally picked it up because I was too cheap to spend any more money I shelled out for the PS3. Now it's GOLDEN little surprise. If you know someone that has it check it out you won't be disappointed.
Sorry for babbling but when you get the control of 2K5 back with better DB coverage on the ball, you will be happy too.

Anyone Feel free to verify this for yourself so I'm not going crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NO More PS3 Control Issues. PASS IT ON

I never understood why my man would just dive into the air for no reason....?!?!?

I've haven't had that much trouble with it but it's good to know....

thanks....
Old 08-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

That is good news, but plain and simple 2K needs to fix this for online play for the PS3. They need to either turn it off the sixaxis controller for online play or patch and have the option for the user to turn it off. I've lost 3 online games because of this and I'm sure many others have as well. I know the adapter is cheap but alot of players like playing with the regular wireless PS3 controller. We should not let 2K sports slack on fixing this buy using alternative controllers to play the game online. 2K I know you've seen me and many other PS3 users complain about the online play, please fix this soon.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Will adjusting the sensitivity to 0 fix it? I'm completely annoyed with the problem too and its not implemented well at all. So frustrating to see open field ahead of you only to have your player dive
Old 08-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Also just wanted to say the sixaxis gimmick thing in any game really annoys me, it doesnt make the game more immersive it just becomes another feature the developer thinks will add to the game but usually ends up taking away from it

The only time I've really liked it was during free throws in nba 2k7, but even then it took some practice to get it to the point where the game didnt think the controller was offcenter on freethrows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #6
MVP

The game doesn't allow you to turn the sixaxis down to zero for online games, which is ridiculous. I hope someone does sticky this topic, because this seriously needs to be fixed. 2K does need to do something about this and other glitches for the PS3 and 360. They want this game to do good, well they need to patch a few mistakes and problems for the game.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I went and picked up one of these (its the PS3 version of Logitech's excellent PS2 controller). The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't support the tilt functions, so I have to keep a SIXAXIS around, but for PS3 games that don't support tilt, this is my main controller.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #8
MVP

Plain and simple none of us should not have to go out and pay extra money on controllers to play this game online. 2K needs to patch this and fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »