Home

NFL Exclusive License

This is a discussion on NFL Exclusive License within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5
NFL Exclusive License

Is next year the last year of NFL - EA agreement??
So if not renewed in 2009 we're gonna see NFL 2K10 right???

And what about NCAA - EA License too?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NFL Exclusive License

The NFL was a 5 year deal that started with the 06/2K6 games so it runs through to the 2010/2K10 games so the earliest we could see an NFL 2K game is 2K11, and even that is a stretch as most people expect the NFL and EA to renew their agreement. Don't know the length of the NCAA exclusive license.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

it'll be 2010 or 2011 before the NCAA deal is up.

This is also pointless, as EA will most likely just redo these deals. Why would either the NCAA or NFL mess with success?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

..2k, if they made enough off of this years and next years game, could have enough movie to buy out the contract I think I read somewhere... Highly doubtful, but possible

I know Microsoft did so with the rights to Grand Theft Auto... It was a huge, first of its kind deal between Sony and Rockstar games, where a system buys the rights to a game through a neutral game company, worth upwards of $11M shortly after GTA3 came out... But Microsoft saw the possibilities and bought out the deal and was able to release all the GTA series, just about 4 months after their PS2 counterparts were...
Old 08-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklandr8rs
..2k, if they made enough off of this years and next years game, could have enough movie to buy out the contract I think I read somewhere... Highly doubtful, but possible

I know Microsoft did so with the rights to Grand Theft Auto... It was a huge, first of its kind deal between Sony and Rockstar games, where a system buys the rights to a game through a neutral game company, worth upwards of $11M shortly after GTA3 came out... But Microsoft saw the possibilities and bought out the deal and was able to release all the GTA series, just about 4 months after their PS2 counterparts were...
The NFL has no desire to work with anyone but EA. And 2k is nowhere near financially strong enough to even sniff an exclusive NFL license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The NFL has no desire to work with anyone but EA. And 2k is nowhere near financially strong enough to even sniff an exclusive NFL license.
Remember Take 2 is the big brother here .. they should benefit so strongly from GTA 4 and Bioshock with the sales
Old 08-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklandr8rs

I was just saying it was a possibilty, but probly far from a truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Remember Take 2 is the big brother here .. they should benefit so strongly from GTA 4 and Bioshock with the sales
I agree, but what is to say they would want to take a big risk in the 2k sports when they are banking it with those two monsters? Once again a possibility, but probly not
Old 08-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
Rookie

With GTA being delayed Take-Two is looking at a down year overall. 2K simply doesn't have the money to challenge for the license in a bidding war with EA. So they just need to focus on making the formula they have now better because odds are this is the way it is going to be from now on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »