Home

Wow! Most amazing game ever

This is a discussion on Wow! Most amazing game ever within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #17
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Wow! Most amazing game ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Let play nice.

I wonder gettting 2 qbs are worth it for season mode. I lost my starting qb and I really felt like I was playing a 2nd string qb.

I am really enjoying season mode.
I thought about it also. My last roster spot was down to either a backup QB, scat/change of pace RB, or a legend kicker. I ended up going with Dave Meggett as a 3rd down back/kick returner. Now I am wishing I would have taken the QB.

9 weeks to go until Cunningham is back!!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I thought about it also. My last roster spot was down to either a backup QB, scat/change of pace RB, or a legend kicker. I ended up going with Dave Meggett as a 3rd down back/kick returner. Now I am wishing I would have taken the QB.

9 weeks to go until Cunningham is back!!
Well you have a nice power back and you can have Dave for screens and the short passing game. Some people are saying that league/ai scout your plays. Go deep in your play book and add plays to help your young qb out.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

Man, playing with Marino is a pure blast in this game. Like TCrouch said in his review, you get the sense that you knew what Marino and Elway were thinking when they played.

I feel that I can get the ball into any space because Marino's release is so quick. And boy have I payed for that way of thinking. Passing is very well done in this game, and so is the capturing the feel of each individual legend qb.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #20
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Well you have a nice power back and you can have Dave for screens and the short passing game. Some people are saying that league/ai scout your plays. Go deep in your play book and add plays to help your young qb out.

Yup was running a totally custom playbook. Lots of spread formations. Going to add some new packages, and take out some that don't fit what I can do now.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #21
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, that was what knocked my socks off. Each player felt unique, which is really damn cool considering that it's all "under the hood" and not out there for you to browse in a numeric ratings format. Cunningham's deep ball is the prettiest I've seen from any QB in the game; Marino's release is second to none. Elway can throw from any angle, with his body balance completely out of whack and still fire a laser. Each decision you make really impacts the game you'll be playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Yeah, that was what knocked my socks off. Each player felt unique, which is really damn cool considering that it's all "under the hood" and not out there for you to browse in a numeric ratings format. Cunningham's deep ball is the prettiest I've seen from any QB in the game; Marino's release is second to none. Elway can throw from any angle, with his body balance completely out of whack and still fire a laser. Each decision you make really impacts the game you'll be playing.
And there are still people waiting with bated breath for another Madden Rehash. No offense, not trying to stir things up, but I don't get it.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Co-sign on the impressions regarding player identities and skill sets. I absolutely love the implementation of this special abilities concept, which I think 2K did extremely well. Someone with Run Reader reacts in a way that's visibly different from other folks at the snap on running plays, as the most cerebral backers do in real life. And guys who are Speed Burners look like they've got a different engine under the hood when they're in open space. I think this system is much better at separating players than the numerical system, and if other developers can figure out how to do this as successfully as the APF team, I think that this system has the potential to change the way sports games are done.

This whole system was something that I was skeptical about when the game was in production, but the way it works on the field is truly impressive and is one of the many things that wows me about this game. It's not perfect, but man is it good.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Yeah. When I played against Randall (I play offline, I don't have live yet) he would run on big third down plays and I had to scheme for him to attempt to stop him, especially on third down. Also, if you noticed, the scrambling qb's don't slide when they run the ball, while the other qb's will slide. Steve Grogan for instance will run the ball but he will attempt to slide after a while but with Randall and Steve Young, they don't slide you have to tackle them. 2k put a lot of effort into this game.

Can you guys imagine what the next one will look like? I mean, they have feedback from the fans, they can tweak certain things. This game can only get better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »