Home

Wow! Most amazing game ever

This is a discussion on Wow! Most amazing game ever within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Wow! Most amazing game ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
And there are still people waiting with bated breath for another Madden Rehash. No offense, not trying to stir things up, but I don't get it.
You are not the only one. I guess differences are what makes this world go around but I feel you on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
You are not the only one. I guess differences are what makes this world go around but I feel you on that one.
Yeah, I'm being a little opinionated. Following up on TCrouch's comment you can also feel the power of the players from battering rams like Earl Campbell to bulldozers like Mike Ditka.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Can you guys imagine what the next one will look like? I mean, they have feedback from the fans, they can tweak certain things. This game can only get better.[/quote]

I'm already drooling for next year, and I haven't even scratched the surface of what I can do in this year's game, lol. So long as they are able to secure a sufficient number of new legends, I think there's no place to go but up. The dev. team did some really amazing thins here; this is the first time in a long time that I've been excited about and enraptured by a football game. I've been on "APF Holiday" since the game came out
Old 08-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 28

I agree with everything laid down in this thread. I use Hostetler and I thought I had a decent QB, and he is. But you could see the difference when you play somebody with Marino. One play Marino got off on me I was dumbfounded with his arm. Mouth open dumbfounded! First thing came to my mind was Hostetler why can't you throw like that you bum. LOL.

It's hard to put my finger on it but 2K really got the game right. No player is totally unbeatable. Some are REALLY REALLY tough but never unstoppable. I've picked off the Marinos and Cunninghams PLENTY of times because I put my guys in the best position to make the best play. But if I gamble I can get burned like toast.

Also the amount of dumb play is a good level amount also. I got burned for a TD because my ******* CB went for the pick/tip instead of just trying to tackle the WR. Now I don't know if he figured he'd get owned one on one or what but he blew it. More importantly I blew it by leaving him on an island on his own. The nearest player to those guys were at least 20 yards away.

All this to say that this game is way beyond 2K5 in gameplay and if that's true it's light years past Madden. Could it use some tweaks and a spruce up in certain departments? Sure. Is it a solid 60 dollar title? For sure.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Is it a solid 60 dollar title? For sure.

This game is a solid $60 purchase on the gameplay alone.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
I agree with everything laid down in this thread. I use Hostetler and I thought I had a decent QB, and he is. But you could see the difference when you play somebody with Marino. One play Marino got off on me I was dumbfounded with his arm. Mouth open dumbfounded! First thing came to my mind was Hostetler why can't you throw like that you bum. LOL.

It's hard to put my finger on it but 2K really got the game right. No player is totally unbeatable. Some are REALLY REALLY tough but never unstoppable. I've picked off the Marinos and Cunninghams PLENTY of times because I put my guys in the best position to make the best play. But if I gamble I can get burned like toast.

Also the amount of dumb play is a good level amount also. I got burned for a TD because my *foul!* CB went for the pick/tip instead of just trying to tackle the WR. Now I don't know if he figured he'd get owned one on one or what but he blew it. More importantly I blew it by leaving him on an island on his own. The nearest player to those guys were at least 20 yards away.

All this to say that this game is way beyond 2K5 in gameplay and if that's true it's light years past Madden. Could it use some tweaks and a spruce up in certain departments? Sure. Is it a solid 60 dollar title? For sure.
Yeah the player's performances and abilities for their tier are spot on.Silver Lem Barney is tough but I ran a hitch and go with Gold Raymond Berry with Barney in normal man to man and Berry got Barney out of his jock strap for an easy TD. Try the same thing again and again and it just won't happen.
Get another post in-that 666 is freakin' me out.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #31
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

W/e I bought the game tried it out, it had some nice aspects, but it is definitely not the game it was hyped to be and it's pretty sad instead of people admitting it to try to fool themselves that this is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm not happy with the Madden series either btw. Just hoping both games get better instead of the same garbage year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
W/e I bought the game tried it out, it had some nice aspects, but it is definitely not the game it was hyped to be and it's pretty sad instead of people admitting it to try to fool themselves that this is the best thing since sliced bread.
Best thing since sliced bread is in the eye of the beholder. Has nothing to do with fooling ones self.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-06-2007 at 02:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »