Home

Wow! Most amazing game ever

This is a discussion on Wow! Most amazing game ever within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Wow! Most amazing game ever

This game does some things so amazingly well, it makes me sick that they can't use the NFL license.

I'm the Dallas Gunslingers. I have Troy Aikman, Drew Pearson, Alvin Harper, Emmitt Smith and Jay Novacek on offense. I'm playing the the Dallas Bandits (I really hate that they have teams from the same cities - there is even another Dallas Gunslingers team that I have to play, and it's confusing as hell looking at the stats.

They have Lee Roy Selmon (gold) as right DE (on my left, blind side), and some other silver DT lining up beside him. In the first half, I cannot even get a fricken play off, because that left side is killing me, and not only that they have Lester Hayes at corner, so when I do manage to get a throw away, it's almost always as I'm getting hit or off of my back foot. Lester Hayes has 3 interceptions at the half, and I'm down 14 to 7 at the half (Emmitt broke a 74yd run for my only real offense).

So I start thinking - okay, I'm going to play this like a real football game and make half time adjustments. I come out in the second half and I go ace sets with extra blocking help on the left side, I'm rolling pass protection to the left, I'm doing everything I can think of to give me a little extra time to actually plant and throw. The amazing thing is, that it worked! I manage to move down the field and get in range for a 44 yard field goal, but my generic kicker slices the ball a little to the left and it misses by less than 1 foot!

It's now in the 4th quarter, and I have managed to hold them to only a field goal, but I am still down 17 to 7. I start doing quick slants inside and out with Drew, giving blocking help on the left, and running other routes to the safety that is helping against Drew. I also started running Novacek up the middle, to cause the safety even more dilemmas. I manage to drive down the field and score to a post play to Drew when the CB hesitates for a second and picks up the receiver running the short route and I freeze the Safety by pumping to Novacek. WOW! I'm down by 3 now, with around 4:30 to go in the game.

They get the ball back, drive down to field goal range and I manage to get a sack on 3rd and long dropping them out of FG range! I get the ball back, and using every trick in the book to give me a few precious seconds I manage to drive down the field and score the game winning TD to Drew with less than 30 secs left on the clock.

What an amazing experience! I have never, ever had a computer game cause me to gameplan and make half time adjustments before the way I had to in this game. It was simply unbelieveable. If only this game had the NFL license, fixed a few minor quibbles, and updated the graphics (not the animations or jerseys, but the other textures/graphics), then it would be an absolutely perfect simulation of NFL football. I'm really disappointed to hear that 2K isn't happy with sales numbers, because with a few changes and more licensed players (Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, etc anyone?) for 2k9 and even without an NFL license this game would be the best ever.

All of that to say - GREAT JOB, 2K Games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Wow! Most amazing game ever

I agree. The game is great!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

I wished they allow you to have 32 teams with your created teams in a season. Also we should be able to edit all players names and physical attributes.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
I wished they allow you to have 32 teams with your created teams in a season. Also we should be able to edit all players names and physical attributes.
oldpro... this is the one thing I hope 2K works on next yr.... 32teams...!!!!

then I feel this game would start to reach it's potential...!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudr
What an amazing experience! I have never, ever had a computer game cause me to gameplan and make half time adjustments before the way I had to in this game. It was simply unbelieveable. If only this game had the NFL license, fixed a few minor quibbles, and updated the graphics (not the animations or jerseys, but the other textures/graphics), then it would be an absolutely perfect simulation of NFL football. I'm really disappointed to hear that 2K isn't happy with sales numbers, because with a few changes and more licensed players (Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, etc anyone?) for 2k9 and even without an NFL license this game would be the best ever.

All of that to say - GREAT JOB, 2K Games!
I think you've summed up what 99% of the folks that actually play this game say..... I really feel that sense the overall feed back of the forums and word of mouth have been thumbs way way up... that should count for something as far as the low sales figures....

but, this is still only 360 and PS3.... to me if 2KSports wanted increased sales they should have tapped broader console base.... PC included (IMO)....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Love the game. My only gripe so far, is my man Randall Cunningham fractured his arm and is out for 9 weeks in my season. Only in week 2, and I already lost the centerpiece of my offense!!!

I've been cutting together some cool highlight packages of every game with the reelmaker app.

I gotta say, I really do love this game.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Love the game. My only gripe so far, is my man Randall Cunningham fractured his arm and is out for 9 weeks in my season. Only in week 2, and I already lost the centerpiece of my offense!!!

I've been cutting together some cool highlight packages of every game with the reelmaker app.

Since I've been playing mostly online my major injury occurred when Bart Starr was sacked and removed from the game early in the 2nd quarter and the backup was REALLY BAD.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

Wow. The same thing happen to my starter. You have to make major adjustments to you game plan and play book.

Yeah, I love this game too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »