Home

Rate the team the person posted above you

This is a discussion on Rate the team the person posted above you within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rate the team the person posted above you

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
LOL, good to know. I think I'll remember your suggestions, but add a little more to the O so I don't have to pray

EDIT: Thanks for the DT suggestion, I didn't see it until after I posted.

Get rid of Tuggle and get Keith Millard or Jerome Brown. (Both are DTs)
Old 08-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

My team. The Ontario Beasts playing out of Wolfram & Hart Coliseum. Don't have XBL, so these experiences are based on ALL-PRO default season mode. Right now, undefeated 9-0.

Gold
Night Train Lane CB - Shutdown corner and a great run stopper, makes plays all over the field.

Ronnie Lott S - Safety valve, last line of defense. Rarely give up the big play thanks to Ronnie. Ronnie and Night Train completely shut down that side of the field.

Silver
Lem Barney CB/KR - Not quite as shutdown as Night Train, as gold receivers will make him look silly at times, but he gets the job done against most. Fast as hell and also good at getting to the ball on the run.

Don Maynard WR - My main receiving target, dude is just incredible. Quick, great hands, run precise routes, he does it all for me. Very underrated.

Randall Cunningham QB - Awesome, simply awesome. I rarely need to run with him due to his great arm strength, but if I need to put feather the ball into places he can as well. His ability to run for the first is a great thing to have when you just need that first.

Bronze
Christian Okoye RB - My workhorse and good for 4/5 ypc at least. He'll bust it up the gut and be good for 20/30+ carries if need be. My backup generic speedback is a nice change of pace and the duo work well together.

Charlie Waters S - He completes my legendary secondary and he plays equally well compared to the others. Makes decent plays on the ball and acts as another good run defender.

Pete Metzelaars TE - Dude is a beast and a steal at bronze. Quick, big and catches most anything thrown to him. If teams leave him alone, the ball goes to him. If they key on him, then it makes it easier for Okoye to run amok.

Alvin Harper WR - Another speedburner/deep threat. I like him because he's just as adapt at playing the short game. This is important because many times the opposition will play off due to his deep threat ability. Not a bad blocker as well.

Dan Saleaumua DT - Makes an impact in the trench and if not double teamed he can force his way to the QB. I am able to contain the inside run thanks to him and...

William Perry DT - What a beast. Leads my team in sacks so far, he just makes a great number of plays each game. Most teams choose to double team Saleaumua, leaving Perry one on one with a guard who's no match.

Needless to say, I love this team right now and I've even grown attached to some of my generic players. Shutting down the passing game never felt more fun.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #75
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

I think your team sounds great overall, and I give it a solid 'A'. A quick RB with good blocking could give you problems, as would a gold secondary, but I think you spread things out well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #76
Pro

Dregur's Arena

OVR: 5

My team is based on two principles. Defense and ball control.

Gold:

CB Night Train Lane

CB Willard Brown

Both are excellent coverage corners that can shut down their recievers. I usually shade them to the outside to protect the out routes.

Silver:

FS Jack Tatum

SS Joey Browner

WR: Don Maynard

Tatum and Browner = If someone does make a catch in the middle, they're gonna pay for it. Also, they're both pretty good run stoppers. Maynard is probably my favorite WR, he's fast, and he can catch a good ball up the middle.

Bronze:

QB: Dave Krieg

TE: Pete Metzelaars (sp?)

DE: Clyde Simmons

DE: Dexter Manley

OLB: Bruce Van Paup

RB: Meggett

Simmons and Manley form a great DE duo, that can give a good pass rush from the edges. Van Paup has become one of my favorite OLB's because he always seems to be around the ball, and is a good coverage LB. Metzelaars is an absolute beast in the middle of the field. Krieg is a good West Coast QB, who can scramble, since I have a lack of any OL legends. Meggett is a good RB who can catch plenty of balls his way.

The only weakness I see is my weak running game. However, since Meggett is a good reciever, I can do a lot of screens and drop offs to protect against blitzes.

-The Grinman
Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #77
Rookie

vegaas's Arena

Nice Team, I would say it is a solid B. The only thing is I am not a fan of using OLB, not that it is not good. Just doesnt fit the way I play.

My Team

Gold
DE Reggie White
CD Willie Brown

Silver
MLB Carl Banks
WR Drew Pearson
OL I forgot his name, but he as the Bulldozer and Stonewall attributes

Bronze
DE Clyde Simmons
DT Dan Saleaumau
CB Terry McDaniel
QB Steve Bratkowski
WR Rob Moore
RB Natron Means

I have thought about changing it up a bit, but I am always changing it up. I will tell you that my D-line destroys other teams. All my d-linemen can rush and stop the run. Carl Banks cleans up what gets by the d-line. Willie Brown shuts down the opposing teams number 1 reciever, McDaniel can typically handle the next best reciever whether it is WR or TE. The D-line doesnt allow the QB much time in the pocket so with my CB's they typically have to make a quick decision on their third or fourth option, and it has to be quick or they are sacked. As for my offense. I go with a control offense with Natron and Rob Moore, then will air it once they start keying on that. Pearson is a very good deep threat and Bratkowski has the arm to get it to him.

Last edited by vegaas; 08-10-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #78
Rookie

G - Troy Aikman
G - Emmitt Smith

S - Mel Renfro
S - Drew Pearson
S - Jay Novacek

B - Alvin Harper
B - Harvey Martin
B - Leon Lett
B - Tony Tolbert
B - Ken Norton, Jr.
B - Charlie Waters

This team has done very well with my balanced play style. I went 11-5 during the season and clinched the division. Right now I'm having "issues" beating the Legends in the Championship game though - they are a BITCH to play. If you shut down one or two weapons, it always leaves someone else open.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #79
Rookie

tyronebiggums35's Arena

8-a little lenient toward o but still effective on d.

Gold:
Dan Marino QB
D!ck Butkus ILB
Silver:
Joey Browner SS
Bob St Clair T
Jack Tatum FS
Bronze:
Dwight Clark WR
Rob Moore WR
Terry McDaniel CB
Clyde Simmons DE
Dexter Manley DE
Christian Okoye HB

Last edited by tyronebiggums35; 08-10-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #80
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

G:
Rod Woodson
Ronnie Lott

S:
Greg Lloyd
Randall Cunningham
Chris Warren

B:
Dwight Clark
Rob Moore
Alvin Harper
Dexter Manley
Clyde Simmons
Albert Lewis

Last edited by biglami; 08-12-2007 at 08:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »