Home

Does anyone have success running the ball in SEASON MODE?

This is a discussion on Does anyone have success running the ball in SEASON MODE? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Does anyone have success running the ball in SEASON MODE?

...more specifically does anyone who uses Barry Sanders in Season mode have any success rushing (after the first 2 games)?

I have come to the conclusion that Barry Sanders is as usless as playing Bubby Brister at HB in my season. I can't average more than 2 yards a carry a game! It is really frustrating me, especially when I spend time in PRACTICE MODE and I feel like im using a totally different, more dominating back. I'll spend alot of time in the practice mode performing moves against the defense that truely remind me how the real Barry Sanders was....cutbacks are very effective, spin moves, (and my favorite) getting hit or knocked back and managing to keep his balance and gather himself back up to gain 5 -10 more yards...........****nning inside, juking outside....****nning outside juking back inside....it is FLAT OUT FUN to play as Barry Sanders.....IN PRACTICE MODE....

But then i'm feeling good after more practice, go straight to my next game and it is a totally different story! I can't even out run generic DE's!!! I can never shake off a defender....once I'm wrapped up, thats it...even if i do manage to escape, about 3 or 4 more defenders are waiting their turn and just pile on me. Jukes dont work as well, doing cutbacks are almost a waist of time...when i'm am in the open field and its ONLY me and a generic DB or saftey, the CPU always wins that battle. He seems slower to, although I know fatigue comes into play....

....probably the most frustrating thing is (besides the fact that the CPU always, and I do mean ALWAYS seems to know exactly which side I am running to) and even if they don't load the correct side, my O-line all of the sudden forgets how to block. I should point out I have Tony Boselli in a LT and Eric Green (great run blocker) at my TE. Do i need to add another O-lineman or something? maybe a Guard? That is something I may look into after my season is over....but I thought part of being barry sanders is that I don't always need a killer O-line...he played with one of the worst o-lines ever........and even when my o-line does block well, I am not able to beat anyone one-on-one whether it be a bronze OR GENERIC LB or DB....

I know I have expressed my troubles before, but things just haven't gotten any better and I am just getting kind of frustrated....Barry has always been one of favorite players in real life and hate to not have him as part of my roster for season 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Does anyone have success running the ball in SEASON MODE?

Started a new season(AllPro Default) with the "Monarchs", partly to test your theory and also get some practice offline for some online games. Online I have been pretty successful with some big play runs using Bronze Dalton Hilliard by "flipping" Pro Formation so that TE Mike Ditka (HUGE BLOCKER) is right next to Bronze Hog Joe Jacoby. I then speed tap A running left and than super charge Dalton's "Cyclone" ability if possibly. Like online I had success (a 21 yarder, 11 yarder, 6-47, 7.8 AVG overall) but little opportunity. Hillard only got 6 carries, and Unitas was totally shut down (6-15 62 yards 2 INT's). Playing 5 minute accelerated quarters (perhaps a mistake) I only got 1 first half possession. The CPU's first drive was 15 plays, 67 yards, chewed off 7min. 2 sec. and only got them a FG as they won 3-0. It apperas I was able to run the ball though.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Started a new season(AllPro Default) with the "Monarchs", partly to test your theory and also get some practice offline for some online games. Online I have been pretty successful with some big play runs using Bronze Dalton Hilliard by "flipping" Pro Formation so that TE Mike Ditka (HUGE BLOCKER) is right next to Bronze Hog Joe Jacoby. I then speed tap A running left and than super charge Dalton's "Cyclone" ability if possibly. Like online I had success (a 21 yarder, 11 yarder, 6-47, 7.8 AVG overall) but little opportunity. Hillard only got 6 carries, and Unitas was totally shut down (6-15 62 yards 2 INT's). Playing 5 minute accelerated quarters (perhaps a mistake) I only got 1 first half possession. The CPU's first drive was 15 plays, 67 yards, chewed off 7min. 2 sec. and only got them a FG as they won 3-0. It apperas I was able to run the ball though.

If you can, test it out after the first few games of the season....the season has gotten progressively tougher for me as I go along....I'm sure it has something to do with the CPU reading my VIP as it did in NFL 2k5. My first 2-3 games were fine with Barry...I remember having over 160 yards in my first 2 and just over 140 in my 3rd (can't spit out the exact stats since the game does not allow you to go back and look at stats, or even box scores, for previously played games )....but ever since then, its been nothing but struggles....every now and then i will break one, but it is definitely because of great blocking for that one play and nothing to do with my moves (juking, cutbacks, etc) as it is in practice.....
Old 08-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
If you can, test it out after the first few games of the season....the season has gotten progressively tougher for me as I go along....I'm sure it has something to do with the CPU reading my VIP as it did in NFL 2k5.
They totally shut down my passing game-I got 36 of my 60+ passing yards on the last drive, which surprised me. I plan on completing the season.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
Madden Ultimate Team Hero

fredropro's Arena

OVR: 9

im using Barry in my season and im 7-5 but barry has 1506yds and 13 tds...... Okoye has 654yds and 4tds...... and i do throw too rice 75 rec 1203yds and 11 tds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 02:54 AM   #6
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredropro
im using Barry in my season and im 7-5 but barry has 1506yds and 13 tds...... Okoye has 654yds and 4tds...... and i do throw too rice 75 rec 1203yds and 11 tds
who is your qb
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Just a note, I'm also having a hard time running with Sayers. I had a 200 yard game early on, and another 100 yard game, but overall after 7 games, I only have like 500 rushing yards. I had 4 yards the other day. Perhaps I need to mix up my play calls, but it just seems like he gets stuffed all the time, and the only runs that ever work are a sweep every now and then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »