Home

APF estimated sales thru Aug. 4th

This is a discussion on APF estimated sales thru Aug. 4th within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #57
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: APF estimated sales thru Aug. 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonroy
Easy but to many those types of offerings do not matter. That is why many people do not go for items with rebates because they know they will never mail in the rebate forms and sometimes they never acutally receive the forms and then they receive them 6 months later.
I never said rebate. I said voucher for MS points, which could be done easily in a matter or minutes, and a couple, which, when e-mailed, could be used that same day on another 2ksports product.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #58
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
You were clear I guess I was not clear. The percentages do not matter to me in this case that we are talking about. I am talking about actual sales and not percentage of some consoles userbase. By sales alone that shows me that more 2K fans own 360s than they do PS3s.
Well, yeah. I could say the same thing about EA fans, or baseball fans, or people who are left-handed. No matter what subgroup you care to name, any game made for both consoles is going to sell a lot more copies on the 360 because there are roughly four 360 owners for every person who owns a PS3.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #59
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

So at $59.99 the game has grossed a little over $7,000,000. I wonder how much it cost to produce and how much goes to the companies selling the game.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #60
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Last I heard this game did not need to make money. It just needed to release with enough sales to not make them rethink there decision to release 2K9. 2K9 is the one that has to be profitable.
That doesnt make any sense though. 2k doesnt need this game to make a profit but thats the goal and they damn sure dont want the game to lose a ton of money (which it looks like it will). Also, there will not be a 2k9 only a 2k10 according to what I was told by 2k. This game is a biannual title at best.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
It is a disappointment, Madden is going to to demolish this once it is released...DEMOLISH.

Whatever they have sold, Madden might sell twice that its first week.

Also sells might indicate that only the hardcore are buying the game...since the first week it did pretty well and started to decline the next two weeks...that would indicate IMO that people may not know about the game or care enough. I told a friend who was talking about Madden to me earlier...e goes "That legend game?" i'm like yeah "Oh is it good." I tell him about it but I can tell he wants to go right back to MAdden.

As of right now the game isn't doing too well. Whatever they may have expected from it, I don't think they have met expectations.

Maybe when they decided to have guys like Rakim do the commercials...maybe it should have been Jay-Z or something. They need to appeal to the younger crowd, the hardcore gamers are going to buy the game regardless. I also haven't been seeing the commercials as much or maybe that is just me. I thought they would release the short versions of the episodes as commercials up until the release of Madden...but I guess not.
How haven't this game done well. 2k never sold over million without a reduce price on current gen. They sold 400,000 of 2k4 on a much larger user base. This game still may outsell College Hoops and most games would give a left one to sell 100,000 games in 3 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That doesnt make any sense though. 2k doesnt need this game to make a profit but thats the goal and they damn sure dont want the game to lose a ton of money (which it looks like it will). Also, there will not be a 2k9 only a 2k10 according to what I was told by 2k. This game is a biannual title at best.
How will do lose a ton of money. So, they pay more money for players than they did for the NFL license.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
It is a disappointment, Madden is going to to demolish this once it is released...DEMOLISH.

Whatever they have sold, Madden might sell twice that its first week.
You mean within the first few hours, right?

I've said it all along if they were looking for a sales barometer the game should have had a flippin' street price of $29.99, that's all the game should have sold for like Blitz for the 360. Why try and make a statement with a $60 game with no NFL license is just plain dumb. I'm a 2K fan and there was no way I was paying Madden money for a fictional game.

So they got their answer not because no one cares but because some bean counter or marketing guy told them yeah people will still buy it at $59.99 like Madden. Please get real.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #64
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
That just proves my point even more because the game would be selling more copies on the PS3 but since most of the 2K fans have 360s and most of the EA fans went the PS3 route the game does not sell so well on the PS3 despite there being next to nothing to play on the PS3.
I don't know where you're getting this. APF is actually selling better on the PS3 than it is on the 360 when you take into account the number of potential customers.

If 2k fans had really chosen the 360 over the PS3 then both the total number of units sold and the sales to installed user ratio would be higher than the PS3 numbers. That is not the case.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »