Home

Is APF Getting close to simulating a game of Real Football?

This is a discussion on Is APF Getting close to simulating a game of Real Football? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 02:26 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Is APF Getting close to simulating a game of Real Football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I know what you mean. There are alot of cry babies online. This "that is cheese ,this is cheese, this is sim, that is sim" stuff has gone a bit to far. You are made to feel like a villain for playing sound football.

I also dont normally play Dline in any football game I kinda go back in forth between LB and safety. I will agree that need to let the star linemen shine when they are on your team without having to control them. The thing is this:

Imagine a person having the star linemen play like they do when the CPU has them on its team, PLUS a person is manually using another Star DE on the other side. It would be deadly to most people on offense and they would cry "cheese." The smarter players would keep in TE's, FB's, Oline audible, and make 90 calls till the guy doing this finally gives up and changes tactics.

If VC then takes away the ability to manually control effectively your star players, and neuter them when you control them the guys who like to play as linemen would cry foul.

The best situation would be to allow the star on your team to play great whether you control him or not, and force the noobs to learn to adjust but it looks like they chose to neuter the Star lineman when they are on your team not under your control.

So how do they let everyone do what they want and keep the game balanced so that the people who cry "Cheese" wont run away from the game cause its too hard for them ?

Well I think they should just let it hang out and give you the ability on offense to focus on a Dlineman and then you can double him depending on the formation and the use of Double pass blocking scheme. So the first guy chips him and the second guy blocks him low. I'd rather that be the counter than they just make the guys not be how they should. I'm will to double two guys if someone wants to have Reggie on one end and then try to manually come at me on the other. They should just let me double those guys. Secondly the screens are near perfect and so are the draws when people just run up the field. This is why I think they need to open up the blitzing a bit more too. The screens rip man coverage up and even if the D runs cover 2 hard you can get a great deal of yardage on screens because for some reason the CB does not play the flats as hard as one would think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 03:07 AM   #66
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I guess I am a Cheeser. I control the DE's usually. Depending on the defense called. Now, I don't control them well, but I do control them.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't manually control Jerome Brown and he routinely gets at least two sacks a game and had 5 legitimate sacks (online and not coverage sacks) in one game. Are we talking about against the CPU?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I don't manually control Jerome Brown and he routinely gets at least two sacks a game and had 5 legitimate sacks (online and not coverage sacks) in one game. Are we talking about against the CPU?
Well when I talk about stuff it is mostly 2 player.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:54 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 6

only problem i have is the zone defenses they are terrible, this guy i played online scored with 17 sec to tie me up and then i threw a bomb to Cliff Branch he got behind the defense, i think they should just make the zones alittle bit better.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
So APF isn't sim because you can exploit the game and don't have to play sim in order to win?

Bottomline, the reasonble observation would be that APF is as close to sim as any sports console game ever, with the exception of Winning Eleven and The Show.
A sim should force Sim like play to win. That is just my thoughts. There are games that exist that force you to learn to play the game in a simulation matter to win. For example Boxer's Road 2 does this for boxing. You must train, spar, eat right, make weight etc to even make it to a fight and after that, no level of button mashing will win you fights. You have top stick-move, dip dodge, jab and counter to win. No cheese at all.

That to me is Sim. I can take 90% of games on the market and try to play it like a sim if I wanted to, bottom line a sim should be just that (regardless of who picks up the controller).
Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I think 2K solved their Dline glitch problem with a bandaid(Random blitzs). What they should have done is given us is options to control blitzes through Oline protection audibles. If someone was constantly sending pressure up the gut their should have been a oline protection audible that handled it, OR a audible to the HB/FB thats staying in to pass protect to pay attention to a LB of your choice upon hiking the ball, then he goes through a progression after that.

Its funny, In 2K the blitz does not seem to get there fast enough alot of times and in Madden it seems like almost all my blitzs work too easy.

Also, I think we need to lab something DA-Kenny brought up about manually controling Dline Legends. I think we may find they are more effective when manually controlled. Maybe this is on purpose to keep the game balanced. If you have a game where the line is bringing heavy heat without user intervention, and they have the ability to roam the defensive backfield and kill hot reads, the game would turn into a sackfest pretty quick.
I already know that. Ed "too Tall" Jones does jack when I let the CPU control him but if I take control of him I get more done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #72
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

In my season on All-Pro difficultly, my cpu controlled Manley ended up 19 sacks and Jerome Brown ended up with 14.5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »