Home

I have APF and Madden 08

This is a discussion on I have APF and Madden 08 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
Rookie

Cyclonus's Arena

OVR: 2
I have APF and Madden 08

And i think that i still prefer the gameplay mechanics of all pro. I think the big difference is that i "feel" ever play in all pro where sometimes in madden feels like im just going thru motions.

Figure id let all the 2k fans know that this impartial gamer still choses 2k football as the one to beat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: I have APF and Madden 08

I figure that once the game is out and everyne plays it, and the newness runs out, they will start to see the gameplay for what it really is. I am not saying its not good, but i just dont have faith in EA to make a great football game.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Amen brothers.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

For as good as APF is, I still want to play as my Denver Broncos. Yes it's neat to play as John Elway but I still would take APF with Jay Cutler, Champ, Javon Walker and crew. I'm sure you all feel the same way with your own teams.

I want an NFL game, I just don't want Madden.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
For as good as APF is, I still want to play as my Denver Broncos. Yes it's neat to play as John Elway but I still would take APF with Jay Cutler, Champ, Javon Walker and crew. I'm sure you all feel the same way with your own teams.

I want an NFL game, I just don't want Madden.
Lol, somewhat. I actually grew weary of playing as my favorite NFL team, i like the idea of creating my own team and taking them through a season. Now, if they could just make an awesome franchise mode for APF this game would rule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

That's cool. This impartial gamer prefers Madden for this year, though.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacks
Lol, somewhat. I actually grew weary of playing as my favorite NFL team, i like the idea of creating my own team and taking them through a season. Now, if they could just make an awesome franchise mode for APF this game would rule.
Co-sign. I want to play with my favorite real-life teams as well, but several years of franchise sometimes gets dull to me, especially if the gameplay isn't what I want it to be. The idea of playing a season with one squad, then switching out some guys and trying it with a new squad has become more and more appealing the more I've played this game, especially with the way they've done the player abilities. Every guy plays differently, and there are even differences that aren't necessarily registered in the icons section that really give each player an individual feel. Lots of fun, but cheers to those who choose Madden this year. I know it will be an improvement on the past. I'm just hpapy that this year I have an alternative, and I think APF will more than satisfy my football craving.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:53 PM   #8
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
That's cool. This impartial gamer prefers Madden for this year, though.
So the thread starter isn't?
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »