Home

APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihategeeks
I couldn't understand how a 2k game could get a poor review unless it had terrible gameplay. Because that is what a GAME SHOULD BE JUDGED BY. There are only minor issues with gameplay in this game.
That's your opinion. The reality though is games are judged on a number of different factors.

And there may only be minor issues with APF's game play. But the fact is it's really only half a game. And with next-gen gaming, that just doesn't cut it.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 7

I wonder who is paying for Bryan Intihar and the sports guy's boondoggle to host a Madden tourney? Hmmm.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's your opinion. The reality though is games are judged on a number of different factors.

And there may only be minor issues with APF's game play. But the fact is it's really only half a game. And with next-gen gaming, that just doesn't cut it.
And that's evaluating a game based on a pre-determined expectation instead of judging it based on what it is.
Also , I read reviews that knocked 2k for it's game play, and while reading them you can tell these people have never played/coached/read about football in their life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #76
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by driddy
I wonder who is paying for Bryan Intihar and the sports guy's boondoggle to host a Madden tourney? Hmmm.
Do Madden Tournaments now mean payoffs also?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Not sure. Madden has always been more polished. Madden 05 if I recalled played a pretty good game of football, had a deep feature set in owners/franchise mode.

2k5 was my favorite game on the field of all time. Franchise mode was flat broken. Which limited replayability for that game for me. It had no mini games. It scored a 9.4. Hard to say there's bias in 2k5 vs. Madden.

Lets face it. APF which has limited presentation and almost no game modes, was not going to get a supremely high rating. Rating it a 7.5 to 8.0 is about where I thought it would rate.

I just don't see where people are seeing this bias.
Let me ask you a question, what is more important righ now in a next generation game, franchise mode, or online mode? If they both are weighted the same, why then does madden get credit for the franchise, and credit for the online(when the online is not up to par to 2k's). APF has no franchise, yet has superb online, yet they get no credit for having a superior online feature.

We all know why there is no franchise in VC, they had to scrap it due to ea's antics. So, when madden came out on next gen with no features and no comp what were the scores? And for those that say the next gen bar has been raised, what bar has been raised, and by whom? It is certainly not ea. The point is when you take everything into consideration, the bias is quite apparent, at least to me. I am not saying you don't have the sight or intellect or anything of that nature to see what I believe I see BK. What I am saying is based on my experience(marketing and advertising law and general business sense) I can smell what ea and some of these reviewers are cooking, smells like bias soup to me.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #78
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Let me ask you a question, what is more important righ now in a next generation game, franchise mode, or online mode? If they both are weighted the same, why then does madden get credit for the franchise, and credit for the online(when the online is not up to par to 2k's). APF has no franchise, yet has superb online, yet they get no credit for having a superior online feature.

We all know why there is no franchise in VC, they had to scrap it due to ea's antics. So, when madden came out on next gen with no features and no comp what were the scores? And for those that say the next gen bar has been raised, what bar has been raised, and by whom? It is certainly not ea. The point is when you take everything into consideration, the bias is quite apparent, at least to me. I am not saying you don't have the sight or intellect or anything of that nature to see what I believe I see BK. What I am saying is based on my experience(marketing and advertising law and general business sense) I can smell what ea and some of these reviewers are cooking, smells like bias soup to me.
They didn't have to scrap franchise because of EA's antics. There is no reason to not have franchise mode in this game. And why is it EA's antics. Why is EA and EA only accountable. Why does the NFL not bear any of the burden for the licensing deal. The NFL is a major player when it comes to Exclusive licenes.

As far as Franchise vs. Online, considering 80% of the nation still doesn't have broadband, I'd say franchise. But since EA has online play and franchise mode, it's moot.

As far as what you smell or your experience, the facts simply don't support the fact that EA somehow is manipulating reviews. Why would they do that for APF vs. Madden and not the basketball games? If they were truly doing that, would 2k5 vs. Madden review scores been so close? It makes zero sense.

As I have said a billion times, EA is more than deserving of a lot of the criticism they get. But I swear, people are really reaching in any way they can to try to drum up stuff.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am not sure that is true. Was it Madden 05 or Madden 04 that was released at the same time as 2k5. There were a lot of people that it played a pretty solid game of football.

2k5 was better on the field, but I still ended up playing a lot of Madden that year, because it played well on the field (not as well as 2k), and it's franchise/owner mode provided lots of replayability. Whatever version of Madden that was 05 or 04 (was Madden released 2k5 was), it was the last game of Madden I enjoyed. Certainly a 9.5 vs 9.4 does not spell conspiracy. As many of the Madden folks thought it was their best version in some time, if I recall.
BK, I remember that game quite well. The reason I do is because a poster named Superior man, gave a profanity laced review of the game on another website. So i rented the game, everything he said was true, when I first put it in, i thought I had the ps1 version by accident, then the db play(much like madden does now) was totally ridiculous. The corner on the other side of the field would get to the ball before the corner that was guarding the reciever would etc...etc... That game was horrible! And I could not believe people placed it on the same level as 2k5 and all that it offered. Again, there is a reason why 2k5 is held as a classic and madden 05 is not.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7

If APF is only half a game, what were madden 06-07? A tenth of a game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »