Home

APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #49
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As far as NBA 2k7 being the best sport game ever released goes, that's purely subjective. I hated it. I find that MLB the Show and the Winning Eleven series are probably the best sports games ever made.
I checked 2k basketball games both scored significantly higher than their EA basketball counterparts, so the EA bias argument is pretty much moot.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

All comes down to playing online.

There is no doubt that human vs human certain tendancies can be stopped, but what about those offline players?

I can call an 5 yard out route and complete it 99% time. I can call any crossing pattern pass play and complete it at least 90% of the time. DB play is horrendous.

No doubt that these plays can be stopped online, but what about offline? There are just way too many plays that you can predict the outcome of the majority of the time.

I personally dont like online play, but certainly dont mind that people do. However, offline...2k8 just isnt that good of a game, thus all the low ratings and sales.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:35 PM   #51
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
All comes down to playing online.

There is no doubt that human vs human certain tendancies can be stopped, but what about those offline players?

I can call an 5 yard out route and complete it 99% time. I can call any crossing pattern pass play and complete it at least 90% of the time. DB play is horrendous.

No doubt that these plays can be stopped online, but what about offline? There are just way too many plays that you can predict the outcome of the majority of the time.

I personally dont like online play, but certainly dont mind that people do. However, offline...2k8 just isnt that good of a game, thus all the low ratings and sales.
We must be playing different games, because I haven't had those same results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
We must be playing different games, because I haven't had those same results.
Yep. I mean against certain formations a play will always work and it should if you find the weakness in that play.

I spent alot of time playing practice against Legend. They are pretty damn tough.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #53
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
As far as which is better this year, there are plenty of unbiased opinions who have Madden 08 now, such as Sully, who say Madden is better, so the notion that Madden shouldn't be rated higher than APF this year isn't so far fetched.
Sully's also the person that brought up the value that 2K5 was at $20 versus APF @$60, without taking into account why 2K5 was $20 - so that's an opinion I had to dismiss. I also respect LBz's views, but he was able to tolerate playing Madden most of last year despite it's deficiencies. I couldn't stomach finishing a game out of boredom. Imo the 9's the game's being rated at are based off the 8's the game got last year - which reviewers are NOW essentially saying wasn't deserved. It's a total contradiction.

I could not get through a game of Madden '07 without being bored - I literally quit on someone online out of boredom (I apologized to the person for having to do so). Probably the most important factor to me is the gameplay vids that have been released so far. I've seen nothing in them that's of the spectacular variety, or anything I'd be running replays over and over again - anything that gives that "wow!" feeling, outside of seeing real NFL teams rendered really well (except for the still-too large imo body proportions imo). Still stiff QB anims. No one has a problem with the robotic dropbacks? Still seeing other goofy animations, and these are just in gameplay video - I'd likely see a lot more if I had the game. So I'd have to see someone that's looking at things from that perspective before I'd even begin to believe in the hype. I let myself run out at midnight Madden-ess last year at the last minute off hype, despite all the disappointing gameplay video and everything telling me a I shouldn't - only to be extremely disappointed.

If Madden deserves these 9+ ratings, we'll see. But I just don't see how it's that much better than APF. The hype machine is seriously in overdrive right now.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihategeeks
A common complaint among people who have no idea how to run a pursuit drill or fill the gaps. Learn your responsibilities on defense.

As opposed to always feast or always famine? I don't understand what you are saying here. Are you saying the Dline play is actually balanced.....
I know when I put some legends on my line it's a FEAST.
When they run into legend blockers it's balanced
And when I have nothing and play against legends, It's an Irish Potato Famine .

This game can't have your standard franchise mode because of the legend system. If they do go for a franchise type deal, it's still going to be different than what you are used to in Madden.

You'll never run out of player combinations when making teams.
This is just nonsense.

There are actual issues with this game, I'll give you franchise.
But the rest of this post was a baby belch.
The running game is still overpowered, not because I cant stop it, but because I get yards at will without even trying.

The Dline either gets a sack or is a non-factor.

Franchise mode could have been implemented with made up players. In other games, not just madden, a new crop of players is generated for draft after each season. Why not create a community full of original players with unique abilities etc to use and draft? It would add a whole other level of play because with these unknown guys folks would have to read player descriptions and scoutin reports.

Why would I switch combos of players when I find players I like and can run the table with?

This game doesnt get a pass because it is not Madden.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #55
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Sully's also the person that brought up the value that 2K5 was at $20 versus APF @$60, without taking into account why 2K5 was $20 - so that's an opinion I had to dismiss. I also respect LBz's views, but he was able to tolerate playing Madden most of last year despite it's deficiencies. I couldn't stomach finishing a game out of boredom. Imo the 9's the game's being rated at are based off the 8's the game got last year - which reviewers are NOW essentially saying wasn't deserved. It's a total contradiction.

I could not get through a game of Madden '07 without being bored - I literally quit on someone online out of boredom (I apologized to the person for having to do so). Probably the most important factor to me is the gameplay vids that have been released so far. I've seen nothing in them that's of the spectacular variety, or anything I'd be running replays over and over again - anything that gives that "wow!" feeling, outside of seeing real NFL teams rendered really well (except for the still-too large imo body proportions imo). Still stiff QB anims. No one has a problem with the robotic dropbacks? Still seeing other goofy animations, and these are just in gameplay video - I'd likely see a lot more if I had the game. So I'd have to see someone that's looking at things from that perspective before I'd even begin to believe in the hype. I let myself run out at midnight Madden-ess last year at the last minute off hype, despite all the disappointing gameplay video and everything telling me a I shouldn't - only to be extremely disappointed.

If Madden deserves these 9+ ratings, we'll see. But I just don't see how it's that much better than APF. The hype machine is seriously in overdrive right now.
Talk about backtracking. LOL, Let the Agenda go, it's so transparent at this point. Lets face it, Madden 08 could be the greatest game ever made, you'd still being saying the same things over and over again.

You feel that APF's review score was undeserved? You don't think it was a fair review? Do you even know what Madden has scored. Have you played Madden 08? The EA bias argument is stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #56
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellent
The running game is still overpowered, not because I cant stop it, but because I get yards at will without even trying.

The Dline either gets a sack or is a non-factor.

Franchise mode could have been implemented with made up players. In other games, not just madden, a new crop of players is generated for draft after each season. Why not create a community full of original players with unique abilities etc to use and draft? It would add a whole other level of play because with these unknown guys folks would have to read player descriptions and scoutin reports.

Why would I switch combos of players when I find players I like and can run the table with?

This game doesnt get a pass because it is not Madden.
For franchise mode, just some sort of mode to add replayability would be nice. I honestly don't know what I am going to do with the game next when I am done with my current season. Maybe just create a new team and try again?

As far as humans running the ball vs. the CPU, maybe it's just me, but in my season, the opposing defenses seem to have figured me out, and my run game has become much less effective as I get deeper in my season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »