Home

APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

The botton line is that APF 2K8 is not getting BAD reviews at ALL, is getting reviews beetween 7 to 8 wish is good, and good enought for a football game that doesn't have the NFL License and used a 5 years old engine, recycled play by play, without a Franchise and all the things that we all know, the game CAN'T be more than a 7 in my opinion.

Take Shadowrun, for example...is an excellent shooter game, but is only online, also it is the first game that allow players beetwen PC and XBOX 360 to play online, and some other stuff like RPG elements on a shooter (for the 1st time too) and you know what? is scoring only 62%, a Microsoft game (they know to adverstise a game) so, stop complaining about APF 2K8 reviews the game is a good game, that's all.

Also, don't forget that NFL2K1 is ranking Number 1 Football game in history, same for NBA 2K (the series) so, I think that this thread is lacking the facts.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellent
The running game is still overpowered, not because I cant stop it, but because I get yards at will without even trying.
Not against a human.....(edit) not against a GOOD human lol
And against AI, I suggest adjusting sliders.

Quote:
The Dline either gets a sack or is a non-factor.
Completely False, On or Offline.

Quote:
Franchise mode could have been implemented with made up players.
You already get generic players whenever you create a team. Do you really care about them now? A franchise mode for his kind of game would have to be different. Having a team with player progression from season to season could completely destroy the balance. You said running the ball is too easy for you? Well, what do you think a team with 17 Bronze star players would be like?

Quote:
Why would I switch combos of players when I find players I like and can run the table with?
Why complain about the amount of players when you only want to play with a select few? Beats me man......

Quote:
This game doesnt get a pass because it is not Madden.
I'm not giving it a pass. Some of your complaints are nonsense, the single player game I don't care about so it's not an issue to me. For me, not being madden (or , being 2k and superior from a gameplay standpoint) is where it's at.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #59
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3

Also, don't forget that NFL2K1 is ranking Number 1 Football game in history, same for NBA 2K (the series) so, I think that this thread is lacking the facts.
Yeah, but I think people think it's fun to scream EA conspiracy, and hammer EA at all turns. Facts are secondary.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihategeeks
Not against a human.....(edit) not against a GOOD human lol
And against AI, I suggest adjusting sliders.

Completely False, On or Offline.

You already get generic players whenever you create a team. Do you really care about them now? A franchise mode for his kind of game would have to be different. Having a team with player progression from season to season could completely destroy the balance. You said running the ball is too easy for you? Well, what do you think a team with 17 Bronze star players would be like?

Why complain about the amount of players when you only want to play with a select few? Beats me man......

I'm not giving it a pass. Some of your complaints are nonsense, the single player game I don't care about so it's not an issue to me. For me, not being madden (or , being 2k and superior from a gameplay standpoint) is where it's at.
Why discredit my findings because you dont agree with them, makes no sense to me. At the end you say "you dont care about", I did not know YOU represented the world as a whole. I mod on another website and the issues I am telling you have been expressed by other members of the football community.

A franchise mode of CPU generated players would be the same as every other video football game, no reason 2K couldnt implement it. Legends mode can be one mode, this would be another.

The point is that mix n match is like pickup football. This game is supposed to be as close to the real thing as possible.

The game has lots of room for improvement, and the reviews it is receiving are more than fair in my opinion and obviously theirs as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
It's time for some serious reality checks, lol. C'mon. The reviews are lower because the game is not great. Fun, yes, but not incredibly so due in large part to poor conceptual design. It fails on too many levels. The game took a lots of steps backwards in a number of areas. The fact that this game isn't getting lower scores from review sites is really what surprises me more. Quite frankly, I think reviewers have been merciful.
The reality check is simple, some reveiwers get perks for rating ea sports games higher than an obviously better game. If you say that this year's madden is worth a 9+ I would say you should follow your own advice and get a reality check yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 PM   #62
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
The reality check is simple, some reveiwers get perks for rating ea sports games higher than an obviously better game. If you say that this year's madden is worth a 9+ I would say you should follow your own advice and get a reality check yourself.
Has it been rated a 9+ anywhere yet? Do you have this years Madden?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #63
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Gamespot just gave Madden an 8.5. Seems ok to me.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Talk about backtracking. LOL, Let the Agenda go, it's so transparent at this point. Lets face it, Madden 08 could be the greatest game ever made, you'd still being saying the same things over and over again.

You feel that APF's review score was undeserved? You don't think it was a fair review? Do you even know what Madden has scored. Have you played Madden 08? The EA bias argument is stupid.
But BK, the question is not if the ea bias is stupid, the question is, is it true? I say (and as the original poster eludes to) that it is quite blatant. Has nothing to do with the fact that I like 2k games, has everything to do with what I can deduce based on reasonable observation. ea has alot of these "reviewers" in their pocket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »