Home

I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden

This is a discussion on I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden

Madden is the better game graphically, by a long shot. And I prefer the slimmed-down steroid look of Madden's player models to APF's high school seniors. But that's just me.

APF wins in the game play dept by an even longer shot. One thing improved with Madden's QB's though: they don't throw well on the run. And that's more realistic than not being able to throw on the run at all, ala APF.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:27 AM   #10
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Madden is the better game graphically, by a long shot. And I prefer the slimmed-down steroid look of Madden's player models to APF's high school seniors. But that's just me.

APF wins in the game play dept by an even longer shot. One thing improved with Madden's QB's though: they don't throw well on the run. And that's more realistic than not being able to throw on the run at all, ala APF.
I see mobile QBs throw on the run all the time but honestly how easy should it be for you to throw strikes with out planting your feet.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
I see mobile QBs throw on the run all the time but honestly how easy should it be for you to throw strikes with out planting your feet.
Oh, okay - I must be using someone who can't run and throw, because when I try, he always has to stop and plant his feet.

How realistic? It's realistic to be able to run and throw at the same time. What I was saying is that when it happens in Madden, the QB does in fact throw the ball into the turf at times, unlike in years past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Boy is that a lie. I have thrown on the run and have seen people throw on the run.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

In APF, is'nt the ability of your qb to throw on the run dependant upon what qb you choose? I play with Marino, and he can throw on the run but I wouldn't suggest doing it because it is not his strength.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

You can throw on the run in APF, it's just that not every quarterback can do it. I'm playing with Steve Grogan right now, and he throws a pretty decent ball on the rollout. He's not like Young or Elway, but he'll get it there over 50% of the time and give his guy a chance to make a play. The pocket-only guys are the ones you don't want to roll out with: try throwing on the move with O'Donell I think it's done well in APF, though I can't vouch for Madden since I haven't' bouht it.

More impressions from folks who have both games and are willing to be fair to both would be helpful. I love APF, but have heard that Madden is vastly improved and am considering buying Madden, though I'm leaning toward not. Level-headed feedback from the folks I respect on this forum would be helpful in making an evaluation of whether this game has improved enough to compete with the very solid product VC has put out. And btw, I live an a high-crime area, so the video stores don't carry next-gen stuff, which makes renting not an option.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonroy
Boy is that a lie. I have thrown on the run and have seen people throw on the run.
Boy is that a weird post, given a couple of us here are happily discussing the ins and outs of the game, and all without having to resort to insults. I'm guessing you're a teenager, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
More impressions from folks who have both games and are willing to be fair to both would be helpful. I love APF, but have heard that Madden is vastly improved and am considering buying Madden, though I'm leaning toward not. Level-headed feedback from the folks I respect on this forum would be helpful in making an evaluation of whether this game has improved enough to compete with the very solid product VC has put out. And btw, I live an a high-crime area, so the video stores don't carry next-gen stuff, which makes renting not an option.
Sorry then, I can only recommend you rent first, which you say you can't.

Madden is improved, no question. But APF set the game play bar so high, I think anyone who loves APF won't be able to play Madden for more than a few days or even hours. I would say it's probably worth a purchase if you must have franchise and NFL teams. Otherwise it's a toss-up, and the only way you'd know if it was something you'd enjoy would be to rent it as I said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »