Home

I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden

This is a discussion on I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #41
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I didnt realize how good APF 2K8 was until I played Madden

I was kind of apprehensive to get Madden because I was loving APF so much. And Madden dissapoints in the realism department. But it makes up for it with the supertight control. I love both games this year. great year for us gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 AM   #42
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

My biggest problem will be finding time to play all three games as much as I am going to want to play them.
lol....that is my problem...between my 2 jobs, me and my wife's mission to purchase a house in August of next year, coaching (elementary basketball), and 3 and a half year old, i can only devote my time to one game...so if I get madden, i'll probably be trading in APF.... We have season tickets for the jags, and once I sit in my seat and start watching NFL games, that's when I expect myself to break down and purchase madden...I just won't be able to help myself at that point
Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #43
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Boy is that a weird post, given a couple of us here are happily discussing the ins and outs of the game, and all without having to resort to insults. I'm guessing you're a teenager, right?
he just said that what you said was a lie. which it is. I use young and he is an incredibly accurate passer on the run.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
And Madden dissapoints in the realism department. But it makes up for it with the supertight control.
That's a pretty accurate description. And oddly, I've had fun playing Madden, in the same way I had fun playing both FIFA and NHL 07, both of which are inferior to their competition in the realism/game play dept.

Maybe I'm just getting to a point where ANY game will do, as long as it's half decent. The 360 has not seen many great games since its release.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
he just said that what you said was a lie. which it is. I use young and he is an incredibly accurate passer on the run.
Yes, but is my 'run', your 'trot'? Can he throw a ball through a tire from 40 yards away, or just limp-wrist it to the HB?

One man's lair, is another man's hot air, only with a 'hot' and an 'l' in front of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't post here much but I have all three games. Madden, NCAA, and All Pro 2k8. As far as graphics go to me it is a push. Both games have equal great moments and flaws. Too me All Pro's game play is the best. It takes a little skill and patience to play 2k's games which I prefer. Madden is made for anyone to have success. All pro you must play it a while if you have never played 2K games to get the hang of it. Too me it is the little things that make a game for me. I like how 2k's brand of football is done. It is not over the top, no hit stick 2.0, no hightlight stick 3.7 it is just done well. Well balanced. I played Madden last night online and every pick I threw went for Td's because my team never reacted to the pick. You are hard pressed to take a pick to the house on All Pro, which is how it should be. As far as the scrambling QB, with Mike Vick on Madden, same ole, same ole. I played a guy and all he did was run around and throw 90 yard passes down field luckily the super DB's saved me time and time again. LOL. To me there is no skill involved to play Madden, all gimicks and gadgets. You should have success based on how well you call plays and setup mismatches, not by causing 20 fumbles with hit stick 2.0. People say there are a lack of fumbles in All pro well the guys are not legends for nothing. How many times in his career did Jerry Rice put the ball on the turf? Or did Emmitt fumble? I think they got it right. I would rather have that than 6 turnovers a game. Let me win or lose by my playcalling. Not because I got hit sticked to death. Turnovers are part of the game, no doubt but so are penalties and such and they never call anything on Madden. My conclusion, Madden is Madden always will be. I hope 2K contiinues to give us a choice because their gameplay is second to none. To me All Pro plays the more realistic brand of football.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Madden's problems:

1. Presentation is horrible. No stat overlays, lame commentary. Not even halftime stat update.

2. Too many int's, too many fumbles.

3. Throwing seems to be pure luck, as does running.

4. Graphics are weak even compared to 2k5, however animations are good.

5. I've made it thru five games, somehow, but it's just soooo boring. There is nothing that makes me want to come back and play it.

I dont understand how people say madden has better graphics. Can someone explain this to me?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
lol....that is my problem...between my 2 jobs, me and my wife's mission to purchase a house in August of next year, coaching (elementary basketball), and 3 and a half year old, i can only devote my time to one game...so if I get madden, i'll probably be trading in APF.... We have season tickets for the jags, and once I sit in my seat and start watching NFL games, that's when I expect myself to break down and purchase madden...I just won't be able to help myself at that point
Buying a house? Say goodbye to free time. And then after you buy it, say goodbye to freetime for the first year.

If I had to pick one, it would be tough. I love APF's gameplay, but lack of franchise and off the field stuff really limits replayability and immersion for me. I am not sure which I would pick if I had to pick one. Tough decision!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »