Home

Todd Christensen is Superman

This is a discussion on Todd Christensen is Superman within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Todd Christensen is Superman

I just restructured my team a bit and ended up picking up Christensen based on his receiving abilities. So far, he's a BEAST...he has blown me away with his speed, route running, and ability to haul in passes in clutch situations.

I have explored the playbooks a bit since picking him up because I want to make him the focal point of my offense. Any recommendations for plays and/or formations that feature the TE prominently?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Todd Christensen is Superman

yeah I have him on my team he is awesome.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

He's on my All-Raiders team too, and he's money. As far as plays go, you can get him out in space on rollouts, and there are some play-action passes that get him up the field, but I've really found that any play works okay if you're throwing to him and not throwing into triple coverage. He's a mismatch for corners because of size and linebackers and safeties because of speed, so even if he's somewhat covered 1-1, you've still got a pretty good shot at a completion just based on his physical stature and skill set. I'll go back and check my playbook and pm you anything that looks really good as far as specific plays go, but I'd just go ahead call his number at the playcall screen and see what you like that comes up.

For my money, tight ends are a deadly weapon in this game because many of your online opponents won't be matched up properly with the good ones.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

As an experiment, I took the gold OLB (forget who he is) that is the great coverage and bump OLB. I was up against Todd Christiansen the very next game and was all excited to try out my new "TE stopping" team. Well.. Christiansen absolutely ate him alive. So there really is no way to effectively stop TEs in this game. Just gotta get lucky and have a safety jump a route.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:02 AM   #5
Rookie

I put a legend corner on a TE when I see a guy leaning on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Christensen eh? cool..I use Sharp myself. I like having a gold TE because I now forced the D to focus on him every play. So they have to pick who they want to cover, and that can open things up for everyone else.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Heh, I took 2 gold and 2 silver Offensive linemen along with a bronze TE and silver HB. I took them online and absolutely steamrolled over my opponent - frustrating him with dink & dunk to Metzelaars and Roger Craig. He couldn't handle my drives that lasted a whole quarter so he gave up and quit.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
Rookie

No.

Mike Ditka is Superman. Seriously. He is simply out of control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »