Home

Positions that Golds should and should not be used on

This is a discussion on Positions that Golds should and should not be used on within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Positions that Golds should and should not be used on

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
I'll play you with that set up!

Pretty kool challenge i think.

Whats your gamertag?
Blue5858 is my gamertag. Yours?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue58
Im soooo sick of these "Take it from me, I know everything about football" posts. Its pretty basic common sense to switch up your fronts and all that. Its not like you are picking plays for D-lineman. They have 1 job on passing downs. To get to the QB. There are about 10 different fronts for them, thats all the play selection you can get for them obviously.You aren't stating something that isn't completely obvious. I've been around organized football for 30 years. I know my stuff.

Ill tell you what. Play me a game with you having 2 gold D-lineman and all generic DBs.

Deal?
When did i say i knew everything about football?

I simply tried to help answer a question that was posed.

As for being around football for 30 years, big deal, it obviously hasn't helped you as far as this game goes.

I use a d-line with a gold, a silver, and a bonze lineman, and i get pressure all day, so it is in fact possible.

Just because you cant do it doesn't mean it cannot be done. I see it happen all the time.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:27 AM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
When did i say i knew everything about football?

I simply tried to help answer a question that was posed.

As for being around football for 30 years, big deal, it obviously hasn't helped you as far as this game goes.

I use a d-line with a gold, a silver, and a bonze lineman, and i get pressure all day, so it is in fact possible.

Just because you cant do it doesn't mean it cannot be done. I see it happen all the time.
Ill say it again. What would happen if you put Rice on a generic receiver? Would it be more effective than if White was up against a generic LT?

So will you accept my challenge? (You get all generic DBs but you get 2 gold D-Lineman).
Old 08-22-2007, 04:01 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue58
Ill say it again. What would happen if you put Rice on a generic receiver? Would it be more effective than if White was up against a generic LT?

So will you accept my challenge? (You get all generic DBs but you get 2 gold D-Lineman).
No I wouldn't accept that challenge, just because thats not how I build my teams.

With that said, I am telling you that you can in fact get pressure with d-lineman.

Is it comprable to matching rice up with a generic db? Maybe or maybe not, but the two examples are very different and will play out differently on the field.

Im not trying to say the game is perfectly balanced, because i agree that it certainly is not.

Some gold posistions seem to be easier to get an impact from(QB,RB,WR,CB) whereas others are less apparent but still worthwhile (DT,LB,C).

I have seen people generate great pressure with DTs such as Art Donovan and Keith Millard.

I have Generated great pressure with a variety of defensive ends, including Silvers and Bronze.

Im not saying that I know more about football than anyone else, but I am telling you that it IS possible to get pressure with D-lineman on this game.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
Try putting 2 GOLDs and 2 Silvers on defensive line. Watch in utter amazment when they generate 0 pressure the entire game.
Bingo - you dont even need that. I even have a bronze DT (Saleaumuaa) with Reggie White, Bob Lilly and Too Tall Jones. In season mode - they managed 50+ sacks and White led the league and I never even controlled any of them - I just sat back and watched the carnage unfold.....I complimented them with some bronze DBs and there just isnt anything they cant stop. The run game is blown up by penetration and making the LBs free and clear while the pass game is just underneath stuff - no time for long plays to develop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorax
Bingo - you dont even need that. I even have a bronze DT (Saleaumuaa) with Reggie White, Bob Lilly and Too Tall Jones. In season mode - they managed 50+ sacks and White led the league and I never even controlled any of them - I just sat back and watched the carnage unfold.....I complimented them with some bronze DBs and there just isnt anything they cant stop. The run game is blown up by penetration and making the LBs free and clear while the pass game is just underneath stuff - no time for long plays to develop.
A friend of mine is a big Cowboys fan, and in our first game together the other day (he just got the game) he went with an all Cowboys DLine consisting of Lilly, Lett, Tolbert and Harvey Martin. I had tried to make my team as weak as possible at the skill positions (since he had not played since 2k5 a couple of years ago and we were just having some fun while he got used to the controls again) and so I used all my gold and silvers at OL (Munoz, B. Brown at Tackle, Silver Guards and C).

Lets just say it showed me 2 things:

1. Bob Lilly is a god in this game, and if he wasn't a Cowboy I would use him

2. You should never use any picks on OL...that D Line went through me every time, causing my poor QB Bubby Brister to spend 1/2 the game on his ***.

Literally, all I could do was hand off to my generic RB or throw 5 yard patterns. Of course, I set my teams up with strong D-Lines for this reason too, but seriously, the legend OLine let someone go free almost every time.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
No I wouldn't accept that challenge, just because thats not how I build my teams.
Well.. build one just for our game and then you can delete it when you are done.

Ready?

Edit: You offline players also should know that the D-line doesn't play the same way online. When I am in practice mode, I would literally sack the QB every play with a great D-line. Online, it is not the same in any way, shape, or form.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #48
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Too Tall Jones and Clyde Simmons generate more than enough pressure for me online. Usually its my generic DTs that see that benefits of two legend DLers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »