Home

Sadly It's Over

This is a discussion on Sadly It's Over within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 11:19 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon10 Re: Sadly It's Over

I thought so too, but according to Wikipedia it is by default the NFL Hall of Fame, as only ONE player among the inductees was not a member of the NFL. That guy was an AFL player. So apparently any professional football accomplishments that don't take place in the NFL are not considered at all. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is very closely related to the NFL, if not wholly owned by it.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Sadly It's Over

I was afraid of that....but I did not take the time to check it out. I am not checking this out either, but doesn't Warren Moon hold some records that combine his experience in other leagues? I think I am going to check it out after I post.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:12 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodc3

GOOD POINT!!! That never crossed my mind!! Anybody got the figures? Good point dacks...sometimes OS posters amaze me. If we all got together and formed a gaming/commodity conglomerate, we'd make out pretty well in creativity
I agree with you both.

CH 2K7 sold:

XB360 - 160,000
PS3 - 50,000

So, between the two versions, 360 and PS3 (keep in mind the small user base), you have a grand total of 210,000 copies sold. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, currently, 2K Sports has sold approx. 130,000 b/t both versions of the game. We'll see how many more copies are sold once the updated statistics come in (probably tomorrow).

*edit - Forgot to mention that NHL 2K7 for 360/PS3 sold 130,000 copies combined. If Take-2 considers NHL a success then surely they would consider All-Pro a success, given the lack of a liscence.

Last edited by dazzo0007; 08-20-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention NHL 2K7...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #76
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I wouldn't listen to a word that dumb biatch has to say. She has an agenda and has been trying to drive down the stock price for TTWO with her negative articles since TTWO's recent run up in stock price. (imo and FYI... I own TTWO shares and just picked up another 100 today).
I was just going to say that whenever she has ANYTHING to write about Take Two, it's not good. I highly doubt that Take Two put that much faith in a football title without the NFL license and to expect it to sell for anything more than 250K would be pretty stupid. Of course, I wouldn't say stupid is beyonds Take Two's capabilities considering the original price. But her assertation that Take Two put a lot into the "marketing and development" of the game is laughable. How much marketing has there been? And the word is that the team was reassembled after a long hiatus.

Seriously, I think they are reserved to lose a little (not too much, but a little) bit of money just to keep the team together until the deal is up. If EA signed another deal with the NFL, then you can worry. At worse, if Take Two hops out, I'm hopeful that someway, somehow, the 'VC' group would find a way to get a game out. If that means breaking from Take Two as they did from Sega, then all the better in my humble opinion.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #77
Rookie

Icon10 Re: Sadly It's Over

Warren Moon and Doug Flutie both put in tremendous work in the CFL, which is not taken note of in/by the HoF (or sportswriters). Jim Kelly was even better in the USFL than he ended up being in the NFL - which was pretty damned good. Steve Young started in the USFL too, but really got better and better over time. Apparently riding the pine behind Joe Montana has its benefits.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy
EA has an exclusive license with the NFL & NFLPA I believe. The legends are individuals so can be in both.
thanks for clearing that up
Old 08-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #79
Rookie

Unhappy Re: Sadly It's Over

Yeah... EA has NFL, NFLPA, CFL, AFL, XFL and NCAA all sewn up tight. They brokered exclusivity deals with all of them once NFL2K5 hit the market. Coincidence?

Red Ronin

Old 08-21-2007, 11:05 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ronin
Yeah... EA has NFL, NFLPA, CFL, AFL, XFL and NCAA all sewn up tight. They brokered exclusivity deals with all of them once NFL2K5 hit the market. Coincidence?
The NFL more or less was. The NFL auctioned the rights. The others probably weren't, but EA put out an AFL game earlier, so they may have already had the rights, and I don't think anyone has the rights to the XFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »