Home

Sadly It's Over

This is a discussion on Sadly It's Over within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Sadly It's Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I wouldn't listen to a word that dumb biatch has to say. She has an agenda and has been trying to drive down the stock price for TTWO with her negative articles since TTWO's recent run up in stock price. (imo and FYI... I own TTWO shares and just picked up another 100 today).
Wow. Just...wow.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

The quote you used is from an analyst, not anyone connected to 2K. It's not over. You don't know their intended business model - maybe it was break even the first year, then try to expand later. Might be why the game engine wasn't changed much from 2K5...less cost. Anyway, I'd expect a 2K9. But then again, I've been accused of optimism before.

A more important question that we don't know unless we know a "legend," is what were they paid for? Were they paid for the use of their likeness for one football game in 2007, or for a longer period of time, etc. That would give insight into 2K's plan (since it would probably be a huge pain to negotiate with over 200 parties every year...if they planned on releasing later versions I'd imagine they contracted for the likenesses already).
Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Um....that guy's not a Take-Two employee, so your quote is being taken seriously out of context.

If the series dies it dies, but no employee is going to be talking post-mortem about the game before they've even dropped the price anyway...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoproxy
The quote you used is from an analyst, not anyone connected to 2K. It's not over. You don't know their intended business model - maybe it was break even the first year, then try to expand later. Might be why the game engine wasn't changed much from 2K5...less cost. Anyway, I'd expect a 2K9. But then again, I've been accused of optimism before.

A more important question that we don't know unless we know a "legend," is what were they paid for? Were they paid for the use of their likeness for one football game in 2007, or for a longer period of time, etc. That would give insight into 2K's plan (since it would probably be a huge pain to negotiate with over 200 parties every year...if they planned on releasing later versions I'd imagine they contracted for the likenesses already).
I wouldn't expect a 2k9. A 2k10, possibly, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2k9.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I'd say re-read the entire article. Did you catch these snippets,

Quote:
Take-Two CEO Ben Feder has already acknowledged the benched-like status of All-Pro Football 2K8. "I'd say we are not terribly pleased, and we're not disappointed," the CEO told analysts on a conference call earlier this month. "I'd say we are just about even-keeled with it."

Quote:
"Competition is healthy, and our experience clearly shows that there is a strong market for multiple well-crafted, exciting football titles that provide terrific game-play experience," a Take-Two representative said in a statement.

"Going forward, we will continue to deliver great products that build on 2K Sports' creativity, technology and development expertise in football."
Old 08-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #14
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoproxy

He's not even an analyst, he's some dude on the internet.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 08-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #15
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I think they aren't creating a winning eleven type as to not piss off EA or the NFL. I think if the NFL renews they should definitely take this step..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
He's not even an analyst, he's some dude on the internet.
Exactly.

From the article:
Quote:
Jesse Divnich, an analyst with The simExchange, an online site that aims to act as a video games prediction market.
For all we know this could be a pastapadre clone. (No offense pasta, really)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »