Home

Sadly It's Over

This is a discussion on Sadly It's Over within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 10:56 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Sadly It's Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Yeah I also don't see them putting out another game next year. They've said kinda off the record '2 years' and the game is actually set up nicely that way since there is no need to keep rosters up with the latest and greatest.

I know people critique the game for not having longevity based on franchise, mini games and what not, but this game is actually poised to be playable fresh for many years based on its foundation. There are so many possibilities with a combination of legends and playbooks. I'm actually learning that my current defense is better suited to the 4-3, so I'll have to add more 4-3 plays to my playbook.

I just love how modular this game is.
Agreed. While I hope that this game is made every year, the number of permutations already available, on top of the excellent gameplay foundation, means that this game will be playable for some time. A stats person should do the calculations on the number of possible teams that you can create in this game--and remember, each team will need its own custom playbook, should be tested in practice and season modes, as well as online. Viva APF!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Last number I saw was less than 150K.
This is one of those time where I wish I was sickeningly rich. I'd buy enough copies of this game to feed a poor, plastic-eating country just to insure that I saw a new iteration next year.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

what i dont understand is how the licensing works? if take two paid for the legends did they pay for their name and likeness or just the likeness? cause alot of those legends are in madden
Old 08-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

EA has an exclusive license with the NFL & NFLPA I believe. The legends are individuals so can be in both.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:08 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle45
what i dont understand is how the licensing works? if take two paid for the legends did they pay for their name and likeness or just the likeness? cause alot of those legends are in madden
VC paid for their appearance in the game, but EA owns the right to the NFL, and thus the NFL Hall of Fame.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 2

I believe it is the PRO football hall of fame, not just the nfl hall of fame.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 1

This whole "you like madden you fanboy" "no 2k is better you loser" "you're just biased because you like madden" and so and so back and forth is pathetic. Sad stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserTag
This whole "you like madden you fanboy" "no 2k is better you loser" "you're just biased because you like madden" and so and so back and forth is pathetic. Sad stuff.
What's even more sad may be including this lament, out of the blue, in a thread where that's not even happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »