Home

APF 39.99 at Best Buy this week...

This is a discussion on APF 39.99 at Best Buy this week... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 12:20 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: APF 39.99 at Best Buy this week...

Maybe it's a special in the Las Vegas area...? I'll check some ads for it tomorrow here in SoCal. If this game had come out at $39.99 I would have bought two copies on day one and gave a copy to one of my Nephews.

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 08-19-2007, 12:22 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The sale doesn't start until Sunday.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:24 AM   #11
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

If it's that price at Best Buy doesent EB GAMES, Gamestop match prices? I thought they did as long as you bring in the ad the game is in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 12:54 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just picked APF @ BB on the 16th when I bought my PS3. I checked on Best Buy’s website and it looks like they have a 30-day price guarantee. Hopefully get $20 back, thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:11 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon10 Re: APF 39.99 at Best Buy this week...

weeman33! Wassup! I haven't seen you online since GameGO went under, lo these many years ago...

Red Ronin
A giant robot constructed on the authority of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the U.N. by Stark Enterprises, the original RED RONIN was created to stop the global menace perpetuated by the continued existence of Godzilla. He failed.

[Red Ronin's posts are Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.]
Old 08-19-2007, 03:15 AM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Should have been the price of the game since launch.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:57 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Should have been the price of the game since launch.
If they released this at $39.99 in mid June, it still wouldn't be close to Madden and NCAA sales, but it'd have double the sales and much more buzz. Going at the same price up against NCAA was suicidal. You don't see companies releasing mediocre FPS' during Halo week or a decent racing game along side GT. Hell, I don't know if there will be a new release for the 360 or PS3 the week GTA4 drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 05:22 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
If they released this at $39.99 in mid June, it still wouldn't be close to Madden and NCAA sales, but it'd have double the sales and much more buzz. Going at the same price up against NCAA was suicidal. You don't see companies releasing mediocre FPS' during Halo week or a decent racing game along side GT. Hell, I don't know if there will be a new release for the 360 or PS3 the week GTA4 drops.
Mediocre? are you serious, Nfl2k is the BEST rated football game since its inception. With a 3 year hiatus and selling a couple of million copies with 2k5 no way in HELL can you even dare to say this is some low class title.

When it comes to gameplay 2k8 is still leagues above and beyond Madden and Ncaa, the problem was the publisher did not properly fund this game.
Also one samll section of the developers at EA is probably twice as many employess that VC has all together.

Look at Nba2k7 and compare that to Live, if Nfl2K would have never been FORCED out by madden years ago things would be very very different. I bought TWO copies at full price, because if it were'nt for them I would be playing tat garbage game known as MAdden.

So before anyone on here mentions anything, 2k8 is the best playing game of football this year as always, yeah a couple lack of modes and whatnot, but as it stands with online play and amazing gameplay it's definately a 8+ rated title and the best sports game on the 360

, peace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »